User Tag List

Page 111 of 136 FirstFirst ... 101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2712

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by defspace View Post
    Attachment 110052
    A big ol' box coming from a guy who, despite his Vsalon handle, is an incredibly patient and fun-to-work-with guy. I cannot flipping wait.
    That's a good box to get! You'll be very pleased. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My Naval Academy kid let me know he got a 98% in his Professional Knowledge class. I reminded him that it is his profession and asked him why he has a B in English when it's his native language.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in Mexico until May. Every morning I have coffee to this....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    Back in Mexico until May. Every morning I have coffee to this....
    Garro just got back from Baja, his pictures are amazing.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of our sons were able to come home for Thanksgiving break and you realize how much they’re missed when they’re not around. All three kids will be home for Christmas so we get to do it again and we’re already planning the meals and the festivities.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a snowy and chilly Friday evening and as we had earlier made our trek to the tree farm and had a nice dinner, it was time to chill. I cranked up the “stereo” and leafed through a few albums, eventually settling on the Boss. There’s a story on the outside and inside of every jacket and sometimes on the liner, that’s for sure. Something that’s lost in the digital world.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen my parents/siblings since July. Today, my brother and his fiance are arriving and we're meeting the rest of the clan just outside of Amsterdam next week for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After today I'm off work until January 2nd. Yep, 18 days of downtime. I'll have to check in with the office from time to time, but no real work, no meetings, no presentations and no traffic until next year. And as a huge bonus, there's a big box on the way here from Del Mar, California that will give me something to play with while I'm on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scored a trail project grant for our local mountain bike chapter. We'll be adding funds and doing a quick funding drive while we finish lining up landscape services and finalize design. City parks and rec board presentation was a success (the director is already one of the best land managers we've ever worked with)

Dirt School is going to be a basic skills area adjacent to our city mtb trail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m getting ready to board a redeye home from Seattle after spending a week at the office and after attending our annual Christmas/holiday party this evening. 15 years and I never get tired of celebrating with our team. They’re such a young, talented and energetic group and they bust their arses throughout the year, all the while watching out for each other. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to remind me that it really is a funfest disguised as work.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the only member of my team in the office today. A cold, wet, slow ride was followed by a hot shower, a tasty coffee, and a mazurka. Now I'm making plans for 2019 and feeling lucky to be on a great team. Good things are going to happen.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I went to TX with my son for Xmas and I flew back yesterday. Wednesday had big storms for NE Texas and the airports were shut down and lots of cancellations. Yesterday, the airports were still a mess so my 5pm flight home to AZ (via Las Vegas and 2 hour drive) left at 7:40 so I got to Las Vegas at 9:45pm, grabbed my luggage and headed home. When I cross the Colorado River, I lose an hour so I got home a little after 1:30am and got 4 hours of sleep before heading to work. That's all Thursday stuff. The Friday is: I get to relax in my own house, wash my new bamboo bed sheets and make my bed, ride my trainer and maybe weight dope a little on Zwift, and go to bed early.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to dig deep to find this thread, it's clearly overdue for a happy post.

Inspired by the success of the mapping/signage project that was finally installed last year, I was inspired to take on a new digital challenge.
    Not.
    The reality is having failed to snag a volunteer during the past 2-3 years to make a new website I tackled it. Being on an exercise restriction since late last year, I used the time to build my first ever "functional" website. It isn't optimized and there are some things to clean up yet. With a membership push starting and sign up is at the website. I'll no longer be embarrassed by what they used to met with.Feature enhancements coming in V2 but it's a major step forward from the old one pager.

If you're game, please take a look and PM back if there are things that don't work, need fixing or that you see that could change/improve.
    Mid-Michigan Mountain Biking Association | MMMBA – MMMBA is a 51(c)3 non-profit organization

For the MMMBA it's been a great year: obtained our own 501c3, new logo, updated legit bylaws, officers and an actual board, two successful new events, signage at the most confusing and longest trail in our network, social events and a grant. 2019 holds development of Dirt School (a skills area for all abilities) in an at risk neighborhood that is along a trail we built in partnership with the city. If any of you are still reading this data dump and have pics, reference for great trail features would love to see them.

Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The magic number is 36.

After 23 years, my VERP offer came this week. Basic package is nice, healthcare not so much. Tuesday i talk to the financial planner to see how much like a monk i'll need to live like to make this work.

It so so time...

36 more working days. Spring is coming!
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seem to have finally kicked the lung crap. No coughing for the last three nights (though a little reflux post upheaval.) Headed upstate this afternoon for some hiking over the weekend. Have 2.5 weeks planned from Feb 20th to stay up there while the house framing commences. Time to start getting in shape again!
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After what seemed like months of frustration, we've figured out the 'best practices' for using Sinemia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    The magic number is 36.

After 23 years, my VERP offer came this week. Basic package is nice, healthcare not so much. Tuesday i talk to the financial planner to see how much like a monk i'll need to live like to make this work.

It so so time...

36 more working days. Spring is coming!
    Nicely done. The finish is in sight, you're sitting up, zipping your jersey, pulling the hem down straight, taking the comb from your pocket to straighten your hair like Hugo Koblet. Get ready to throw up your arms as you cross the line!

TH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am kind of at the other end of the spectrum. After twenty years of full-time Dad, which has also entailed multiple jobs of diverse sorts, I am hoping, once I have cleared the current hurdle of settling my aunt's estate, to apply to work for MSF as a Tech-log.

I'd like to work into some sort of fitness beforehand, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I look down at my stomach covered by a shirt I did not fit into until today, I see that one of my buttons came unbuttoned. Suck it Gramps. I'm still calling it progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Spent most of today cooking hot dogs on a grill for the employees. Cooked around 600, had one for breakfast and another for lunch. Work is around the clock so someone is always coming up on their lunch break. I had to keep the hot dogs inside so they wouldn't freeze, it was 22 degrees.

On the Friday side, Garro has posted more pictures of my new MTB, I think it's mostly brazed up at this point. I hope to be thrashing stuff by the end of March.