User Tag List

Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 96979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3568

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Re: timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by GonaSovereign View Post
    "...People do that!..."
    How unfortunate to see that person's prized Rolex was damaged by vandals and they do not have enough money to get it repaired! :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

#RantOn #
    If my Seamaster becomes magnetized again I'm going to buy that Sinn I've dreamed of an use the Seamaster as a refrigerator magnet.
    #RantOff #
    Art-Nr. 613.010
    No kidding, that Rolex is the shiznits.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Too Tall; 12-13-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    #RantOn #
    If my Seamaster becomes magnetized again I'm going to buy that Sinn I've dreamed of an use the Seamaster as a refrigerator magnet.
    #RantOff #

Sinn watches will probably have the same problem.

Get a newer anti-magnetic Seamaster (or Speedmaster).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sinn spec. is built for Magnetic Field Protection up to 80,000 A/m Just sayin'

The Omega methodology is impressive.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 12-13-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...I'm going to buy that Sinn I've dreamed of an use the Seamaster as a refrigerator magnet..."
    The wonderful folks at WatchBuys are an absolute pleasure. You will enjoy the purchase experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#RantOn #
    #RantOff #
    Art-Nr. 613.010
    Does this happen to Seamasters regularly? Because I have two of them that are magnetized, although one of them was on my dad's wrist at the time it happened, when he reached through an electro-magnetic field in the lab. But the other one? Just from sitting in the drawer alongside the other one maybe? Not sure how it happened. Both are bumper wind and no one I can find wants to work on them. Otherwise they are lovely classy gold watches.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Does this happen to Seamasters regularly? Because I have two of them that are magnetized, although one of them was on my dad's wrist at the time it happened, when he reached through an electro-magnetic field in the lab. But the other one? Just from sitting in the drawer alongside the other one maybe? Not sure how it happened. Both are bumper wind and no one I can find wants to work on them. Otherwise they are lovely classy gold watches.
    It's not just Omega and/or Seamasters specifically.

My brother has had good luck for vintage pieces with Grand Central Watch but they are expensive.

Another option is RGM Watch whom TT mentioned earlier.

I would also try WatchBox. They are one of the, if not the, largest pre-owned online seller of luxury timepieces. Their Master Watchmaker was a big Omega fan and while he just left I am sure his staff learned a great deal from him so they might be a good option too.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those photos really make that red pop. Is that editing or how it looks in person.

Really swell execution.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Those photos really make that red pop. Is that editing or how it looks in person.

Really swell execution.

Go back to post 1998 and you can see all of my "unedited" pictures.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post

Really swell execution.
    The image quality will also depend on the camera settings and filters, rather than editing alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore that Seamaster for 13 / 14 years and that never happened. I *think* I'm aware what is causing it but not positive. Figuring it out will take some doing. FWIIW Mr. Musgraves awesome Seiko 6306-7001 keeps perfect time and never gets magnetized (knock on wood).

Welllllll Mr. Sachs...I'll be certain to name drop next wed. I'm meeting Roland so he can figure out WTAF is going on with my Seamaster. If he needs a wrist model for that cool watch I'm available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Didn't know you were such a Brando fan. Also did not know you have $1,952,000 burning a hole in your pocket for a Rolex GMT watch.
    i love apocalypse now, marlon brando, and most of all heart of darkness and i always remembered Kurtz' bad ass watch and told myself that i'd own one some day. the thing is just bad ass. it's like building modding a 2008 Ford Mustang GT500 to be a nominally street legal 700hp road racing car or in a bicycle terms i guess- putting Lightweight Fernwegs and a Super Record 12 kit on Pegoretti Duende (not that i know anyone who would do dumb shit like that).

anyway- the watch fit the character perfectly. it's something that really evolved into being something that worked perfectly as a tool within civilized modernity- buy was originally "designed" and built to be a tool in harsh environments far from civilization. then the watch ends up "back" in the wild- it's modified to work better there- it's bezel comes off because it doesn't need to know anything except the time of day right where it is right now- it's lost its bracelet so it can be lighter and more comfortable and practical in a jungle environment and it isn't shined or polished and is showing its scars.

the watch is like Kurtz' character. he's a human being- the most evolved killing machine nature has ever produced- that big brain that allowed it to survive in the African savannah, that crazy determination that allowed it to stalk prey for days upon days until it exhausted the poor creature to death- that ability to plan, project, and view the world as something more fantastic than it actually is and then actually make it so through the use of intellect, strength, and even "insanity"- all these traits also make a human being able to excel in an advanced cultured, moral civilization- but you return that beast to the wild....and it can just as easily- perhaps even more easily adapt and thrive as a psychotic master of life and death and all matter and energy within the dangerous chaos of a world without civilization. same way- that busted ass Rolex with the bezel ripped off probably tells Kurtz exactly what time it is..... anyway- i want a watch like that.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- so hard to rid one's self of Vietnam... many aspects of the movie gut from within...
    still.., "mares-of-the-night..," 52 years later...

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rolex folks, talk to me about this one...Datejust 41mm SS with Rhodium dial, smooth bezel, and Oyster bracelet.

Hard to get? Or readily available and price negotiable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbornia View Post
    Rolex folks, talk to me about this one...Datejust 41mm SS with Rhodium dial, smooth bezel, and Oyster bracelet.

Not Daytona hard, but the 41mm Datejust is in demand. You probably won’t be able to negotiate much, if at all, but you may find one in stock somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go Oyster Perpetual myself, but I realize the date is critical for some folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    I'd go Oyster Perpetual myself, but I realize the date is critical for some folks.
    I'd go Explorer 1 because I think it's the most wearable and understated model in the lineup.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you hoping to get this from a dealer?
    Seems like most S/S Rolex watches are hard to get from dealers.
    And forget about negotiating a discount for a new S/S watch from a dealer.

That said, a quick look shows many for sale. Prices in the 2nd hand/grey market are not highly inflated for a Datejust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about the Datejust yet, but saw a photo of the rhodium dial and liked it. I need try one on, and a few others, to see how they actually wear on my wrist. I tried a Black Bay Blue a few months ago and liked it a lot. The DJ41 seems dressier but still a little sporty, and maybe a bit under the radar compared to a Sub or Explorer II? Anyway, all of these watches are way more costly than my Sinn 856 or Stowa Marine Original, so I'm still getting my head around the price tags...but a big birthday is coming up soon, so maybe I treat myself...