Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 102 of 354 FirstFirst ... 9293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 7061

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Oh no you di'int. Is that the HSE? Love love love their interiors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with all of this. Looking forward to getting a 200 series at some point.

Why The Toyota Land Cruiser Is So Expensive
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Oh no you di'int. Is that the HSE? Love love love their interiors.
    Yup, LR4 HSE CPO'ed. It's near pristine but I'd like to get it dirty asap. Maybe, if I can pry it away from the wife, it will make an appearance at Ballers next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    I concur with all of this. Looking forward to getting a 200 series at some point.

Why The Toyota Land Cruiser Is So Expensive
    Feels odd to say "I couldn't afford the Toyota, so I bought a Land Rover (or even a Range Rover)". There were a few Land Cruisers in the town I grew up in and I've always wanted one.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brandon, I was concerned for you, but I looked up the reliability stats and the LR4 is as solid as anything in the class.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brandon, I was concerned for you, but I looked up the reliability stats and the LR4 is as solid as anything in the class.
    This is good to hear...maybe I'll copy Brandon. My wife is in need of a new car as well.

Brandon, the Baller's comment is on the internet now, so no turning back. Looks like you're driving next year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Disco years and LR3s gave Land Rover a bad rep. The LR4s are definitely better - besides, we have 4 or 5 more years warranty and we can go extended after that.

The gas mileage though :( Wish they had this thing in diesel.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    This is good to hear...maybe I'll copy Brandon. My wife is in need of a new car as well.

Brandon, the Baller's comment is on the internet now, so no turning back. Looks like you're driving next year.
    I have the pamphlet (more like a 60 page book) on the new Discovery Sport. It looks pretty nice - especially if you want better gas mileage and a car that's not a tank.
    Auk's words to live by:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my wife a new Forester Turbo, I have never had a turbo before. I drove the Forester home from the dealer, I am no longer satisfied with my truck.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I've enjoyed this thread & now really want a wagon. Maybe a converted GTR or a pop top Panamera Westie.

Here's my NSX built in september 1990 SN#1021. It has a factory 2002 front with oem fixed lights.

It is fast.. and handles great. Curb weight is 2700lbs. The supercharger makes 450whp. (Plus vtec yo.)
    nsx_3-15_1_zpsw9xlfgwl.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Pigeon View Post
    Hey I've enjoyed this thread & now really want a wagon. Maybe a converted GTR or a pop top Panamera Westie.

Here's my NSX built in september 1990 SN#1021. It has a factory 2002 front with oem fixed lights.

It is fast.. and handles great. Curb weight is 2700lbs. The supercharger makes 450whp. (Plus vtec yo.)
    nsx_3-15_1_zpsw9xlfgwl.jpg

deets on the supercharger?
    also, you swapped out the pop up lights it looks like? (maybe the pic is tricking me)
    i would love an nsx as pure investment... nice looking car you got!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 83346

Came across an old Barkas (East German Van from the bad-old days). I think this will make a great Cycle Team Van.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    Attachment 83346

Came across an old Barkas (East German Van from the bad-old days). I think this will make a great Cycle Team Van.
    As long as it has a Subaru engine in it or something similar.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funcrusher View Post
    not sure why link didnt work, but...
    I think this would cure my wife's phobia of wagons.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    As long as it has a Subaru engine in it or something similar.
    This one has a 1.3l 4 stroke volkswagon engine. The one we want is a 3 cylinder 2 stroke 2DKW. 45 bhp of pure east German ingeniuity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're looking for some car related activity over the next week or so, this is a great venue that's really well attended. The racing next weekend in Schenley Park is free and open to the public too. Typical estimates see approximately 2,000 cars exhibited in the park as well. Maybe when the next kid is out of school and tuition dollars are converted into play money...

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix -
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badonkadonk View Post
    i would love an nsx as pure investment... nice looking car you got!
    If you we're buying an NSX as an investment, what sort of value increase would you want to see over what time period?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you we're buying an NSX as an investment, what sort of value increase would you want to see over what time period?
    I'd probably want a double over 4-5 years, something like that. Assuming very well kept and driven a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part of me that would like to buy one of these and drive it more or less daily once I move out of the city is having a hard time accepting that a car that has already increased 30-40% in the last 2 years doubling again in the next 5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Badonkadonk View Post
    I'd probably want a double over 4-5 years, something like that. Assuming very well kept and driven a bit.
    I think a wagon is a smarter investment. If it doesn't work out you still have a place to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part of me that would like to buy one of these and drive it more or less daily once I move out of the city is having a hard time accepting that a car that has already increased 30-40% in the last 2 years doubling again in the next 5.
    i dunno
    look at the ferrari 308/328 market
    or the absurd air cooled 70s/80s 911 rip
    these things are one of a kind, enthusiast collectibles, great to actually drive still (based on my one weekend), look awesome, and for chrissakes the fucking Wolf drove one!
    as the gen x group ages and gets disposable income look out.