User Tag List

Page 101 of 362 FirstFirst ... 919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Management by crisis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    We've all heard about Glen James now, the homeless guy who found and returned a backpack ith $42k in it.

On my way to work this morning I made a quick stop to buy a birthday present for my niece. As I walked back to my car after leaving Target, you know who I saw? Yep. He was pushing a shopping cart past the big box, as anonymous as last week.

Not sure if this makes me grumpy, sad, or just aware that the full story - whatever it is - is probably a lot more complex than any of us ever know.
    I'll be grumpy if that 92K donation pool isn't administered responsibly and honestly for him. Seems like so far so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got home from a business trip to see that my wife declared my wardrobe unfit for use. It was gutted and donated to the Salvation Army. I now have the wardrobe of an unemployed ghost. I am chapped that she got rid of my clothes and I have no interest in dropping the coin on new and better stuff.

She called it an intervention. She was probably right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    I'll be grumpy if that 92K donation pool isn't administered responsibly and honestly for him. Seems like so far so good.
    I'm thinking he needs ongoing support. The money, dumped in his lap, could do more harm than good. But I could be totally wrong.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$400 fit sessions to help choose a bike offered in S-M-L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    I got home from a business trip to see that my wife declared my wardrobe unfit for use. It was gutted and donated to the Salvation Army. I now have the wardrobe of an unemployed ghost. I am chapped that she got rid of my clothes and I have no interest in dropping the coin on new and better stuff.

She called it an intervention. She was probably right.
    What sizes and which Salvation Army?
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackasses are throwing tacks out on the road on our Wednesday night ride route. Out taking pictures of us, and where the ride starts and all kinds of weird shit. The situation is aggravated by behavior described by Rico above. Dipshittery on both sides, and the tension is just going to rise until something really bad happens. Someone has already been deliberately clipped by a truck mirror. Wednesday is now a mountain bike day.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironic eye glasses. You look like an idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by WadePatton View Post
    forgot the quote, RE: the employment situation above yo.

so any fukkin way. My Tiny Town voted to have liquor sold legally.

Tanker Ray
    Wade,

How will this affect your thriving bootleg/moonshine business?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm grumpy that this frame siting here won't paint itself.

Other than that life is Damn good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hotels that think clients won't notice their incredibly cheap ways. The Toronto hotel we stay at uses the cheapest bed 'sheets' I've ever seen. Everywhere you turn it's a cheapening of the experience to save a few pennies. Regular clients (and I am one) notice this stuff.

I will be putting in the word for our company to change hotels.

People who spend a lot of time in hotels, and I know I'm not the only one here who does, notice this stuff and it really sucks. Keep them clean and provide decent beds and don't be so freaking cheap.

Oh, and yes, we notice if you've NEVER vacuumed behind the chair or under the bed.

Quality does matter.

I'm not being über picky or elitist either because 99% of Hampton Inns are totally fine. If we only ever stayed at Hampton Inns I'd be OK with that. Most of them are better than some of the fancier brand name hotels out there. Take your pick. They could learn something from Hampton Inn. I've stayed at 'luxury' hotels that are unacceptable and Holiday Inns that are awesome.

Any hoteliers here need to read this. We regular clients HATE CHEAPNESS!!! Give me less for my $$$ but make it good instead of trying to make it faux luxury and having it suck.

rant over.... carry on....
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just earned diamond status on Delta with this 3rd cross country flight in four weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're doing pretty detailed work like coding, and the bird sat across from you does running commentary on everything that's happening in her day, makes you fumble and causes an issue that makes you need to back out of the system and have to start all over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll second MarkC's comments of last week. OTB on the mountain bike, grade 3 AC separation. Bye bye ligaments. Nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Had a hard time with a guy at work. He is one of the most stubborn and clueless people I've ever been around and I did 27 years in the military. He seems to take pride in how little he actually knows about his job. I'm an engineer and I figure out what's wrong so the right assets can be assigned to get machines up and running. This guy is so stupid on his own equipment that he sends the mechanics away until he understands why they are there. Each time is like this. Management is trying to get him to quit because they don't want to fire him. WTF? Don't want him there but won't fire him but meanwhile he is a hindrance to daily work.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Had a hard time with a guy at work. He is one of the most stubborn and clueless people I've ever been around and I did 27 years in the military. He seems to take pride in how little he actually knows about his job. I'm an engineer and I figure out what's wrong so the right assets can be assigned to get machines up and running. This guy is so stupid on his own equipment that he sends the mechanics away until he understands why they are there. Each time is like this. Management is trying to get him to quit because they don't want to fire him. WTF? Don't want him there but won't fire him but meanwhile he is a hindrance to daily work.
    Trust me, I feel your pain...
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grump: this week I popped a spoke and sold two wheelsets that I "wasn't going to need". can't get to the shop to have it replaced until saturday. that'll show me.

plus side, i've been riding my RS 'cross bike to work, so that's something. every time I ride it I'm reminded of how great it is at being a bicycle.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found somebody that made a ripoff of my Crombie tool and is attempting to sell them. I'm less bothered by the fact they ripped off my product than the horrible job they did of it. Looks like haggard hell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyQ View Post
    I found somebody that made a ripoff of my Crombie tool and is attempting to sell them. I'm less bothered by the fact they ripped off my product than the horrible job they did of it. Looks like haggard hell!
    I just saw the picture on FB. Man, that copy is the best advertisement you can buy. It's such a pos compared to yours that you shouldn't be grumpy. It's that bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See yah all next thurs. xxoo - HGIC