User Tag List

Page 100 of 362 FirstFirst ... 90919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Two slow-leak flats this week. The first was slow enough so that I could reach home. Today's was not.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sitting in the tail end of an IT Audit Class, so I can get 32 continuing education credits; need I say more
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our state legislature named the western span of the Bay Bridge after a still-living crooked politician. They wonder why their approval rating hovers around 10%.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The company I work for sent a letter demanding we submit to monthly (monthly!) background checks. That includes driving record, school record, credit history, and anything that would have an effect on the company's perception of our "general character" and "mode of living".

The alternative is being fired. There is only one question they left out:

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forgot the quote, RE: the employment situation above yo.

Sounds like they wanted that person gone, but wouldn't do the ballsy thing and fire him/her. Hope he/she fits in better next place.

so any fukkin way. My Tiny Town voted to have liquor sold legally. GREAT!!!

but being TennefuckingSEE, "Liquor" stores cannot sell anything else...AT ALL.

AND the fugging little stores don't understand that NOW WE NEED TONIC for the GIN!!!

...well at least we can buy olives...

Tanker Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I have a new place to live. That is awesome. Moving there will suck. That makes me grumpy.

I will like living where I work. That makes me happy. Living in the midst of the endless, soulless suburban wasteland of Virginia Beach is not the greatest but it ain't the worst.

But what makes me grumpiest is that I will be 1000 miles from the Founders Tap Room instead of 8 miles.

Oh, and controllers who don't answer until the fourth call and then get pissed if I can't answer on the first call. He's sitting in a stationary chair. My chair is not stationary. Settle the eff down dude.

Off to ROC. Out.
    Green flash is opening an east coast operation in VA Beach. Not Founders but damn impressive as far as ipa's go. Plus the local, small breweries aren't terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh....Comrade...we've noticed you had a moving violation and your mortgage payment was 3 days late last month. We have "programs" for you, your dossier has been sent to CAPS "Counseling and Psychological Services" for review, they will help you...

Quote Originally Posted by ericpmoss View Post
    The company I work for sent a letter demanding we submit to monthly (monthly!) background checks. That includes driving record, school record, credit history, and anything that would have an effect on the company's perception of our "general character" and "mode of living".

The alternative is being fired. There is only one question they left out:

"Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was having just a grand day until I looked out the window just now to see the neighbor boy plowing his scooter through MY FRESHLY SEEDED SOD-ROLLED WATERED DIRT LAWN.

And you guessed it, the parents are idiots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nierman View Post
    Was having just a grand day until I looked out the window just now to see the neighbor boy plowing his scooter through MY FRESHLY SEEDED SOD-ROLLED WATERED DIRT LAWN.

And you guessed it, the parents are idiots.
    Hey was it this guy? he's everywhere

haters-gonna-hate-smoking-bike-slide.jpg

(Pucci dared me)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. This 1st grade punk still has chicken strips on his electric Razor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 quick ones:

1. Crazy t-storms here yesterday through tomorrow. Go to pump up the back tire on my (full fendered) commuter this morning- valve core ejects itself skyward into oblivion. Running late, only 8-speed rear wheel I have setup, so I jump on the Serotta CX and throw on a beaver tail rear fender. Get soaked, particularly my feet. Can't wait to ride home in those shoes. Did I mention I spent 90 minutes cleaning all 3 bikes this past weekend? So much for that.
    2. Chicago bike share started a few months ago. Used to be on the lakefront you had 2 main speed classes: pedestrians, and bikes. With the odd (and most of them ARE odd) rollerblader. Now with these newfangled bike share contraptions that are going to save the world, you have a 3rd class of speed to deal with. It looks like a bike, but moves more like a jogger. That swerves, and can't stop, and never looks behind it when it pulls to the left to pass a walker. I'm almost afraid to say it, but the cold weather cannot come fast enough.
    3. Pregnancy is looong. I have no right to complain, but the delta between when my wife is ready to be through being pregnant and when this baby decides it will arrive is looking like 3+ weeks...
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPS ..... 6:30 am, on the truck out for delivery, 6:50 pm parcel on the front porch....... evry effin time!

grrrrr,......
    Real World persona : Andy Corso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main way in or out of town has washed away, the DOT says 1 month to fix.

My formerly 25 minute commute has gone to 1.5 hours all through hells half acre or 1 hour down a dirt road. The dirt road isn't bad, but since its shorter it has an ass load of people on it. Its super pot holed now, has a washed out section and you need to show ID to come back up it...

I know people have it worse, but hey I needed to vent.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letter to the paper today bitching about the yellow signs people have that say "Watch Out for Motorcycles." You know, the usual 'I drive real careful and perfectly and you should take responsibility for yourself operating a vehicle that's harder to use than a car and more dangerous and stop asking the rest of the world to be mindful of you' line of garbage. Also, I don't have an intelligent reply. I just want to punch the writer and I don't even ride a motorcycle. I think it's because I've got to the end of my tether with the "I do things this way and it's the right way and all you that do it another way are wrong and just get out of my way' thinking. I want to punch them all. Every one. Because it's the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm buying a used car. What I need is a salesman, a dealership and clear communication not a dating situation.
    Why does the salesman think that he can berate me into buying a car?
    You could make more money as a butcher, so don't waste your time on me - Zappa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was finishing up a ride this morning and about 2 blocks from my house on the street I live on. It's a larger street, but still in the middle of neighborhood with a school, 4 churches, a park and a ton of homes. Clearly not a highway. A woman buzzed me so closely that I thought for a second she might have grazed my jersey. Seeing as how there's a stop sign at every intersection (did I mention this isn't a highway), I caught up to her and asked her to be more mindful of the 3 foot law. I was even calm and polite about it (seriously). She started screaming at me about how I had no right to be on the road and how I was breaking the law. It's bad enough that she's wrong about the law and so passionate about her ignorance. What really makes me grumpy is how someone can be so self-righteous that they would flirt with hitting a person with a car rather than deviate from their misguided principles. I don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

So many things that are effed that I don't even know where to begin.

Grump globally, grump locally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too fat for my clothes. Too poor to buy new ones. And too broken to exercise.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've all heard about Glen James now, the homeless guy who found and returned a backpack ith $42k in it.

On my way to work this morning I made a quick stop to buy a birthday present for my niece. As I walked back to my car after leaving Target, you know who I saw? Yep. He was pushing a shopping cart past the big box, as anonymous as last week.

Not sure if this makes me grumpy, sad, or just aware that the full story - whatever it is - is probably a lot more complex than any of us ever know.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road with a hipster group.
    Too much running stop signs, stop lights and holding up major traffic added with the FU we are riding bikes attitude.
    I guess I'll ride out in the country by myself.