I haven't posted much on here but I have been visiting and reading regularly. I always look in to view your Friday Night Lights

With help from yourselves and another forum I have completed my second build - 15 odd years after my first.

Pics:

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

It is built from Columbus Life 2OS and Llewellyn lugs with Columbus Minimal forks, Ultegra groupset and DT wheels.

The idea was to make a stiffer more responsive bike at the cost of some comfort - this was to be a bike for 3 hr fast club rides not all day epics!

I have been riding the bike for a couple of months now and am pleased with pretty much everything about it (it is my baby of course). The 2OS tubing make it quite stiff and it definitely responds and handles better for this.
Comfort is fine and I have done some long rides without any problems. I can feel no real comfort difference from my other frames except for big hits which do jar my wrists and arms a bit more. I suspect this might be more to do with the oversize bars than the frame though. My other bikes all have the Deda 215 bars which must give best part of an inch of suspension!

Not sure what my next build will be, probably a replacement for the winter/audax bike I built 15 years ago. I would like to take it to 100 000k before retiring it but that is a few years off still - not sure what else to build in the mean time - I will be watching here for inspiration. :-)

Michael Read aka mekidear/pieinthesky/mysterymike

Knife Maker and occasional frame builder