Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Was There Just a Coup in the US?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Was There Just a Coup in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Daltex View Post
    Only in the minds of cosplaying 'resistance' rich college kids fighting Quixotic bad guys.

50 freaks shouting crazy shit + 10,000 college kids wearing black costumes & masks shouting their disapproval = cosplay silliness
    My view is more from UK than US on this. But come over to this side of the pond, you may be surprised. We have a smorgasbord of nationalist groups to pick from starting with the EDL and DFLA. I also think Breit Bart is even more extreme in UK than US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only in the minds of cosplaying 'resistance' rich college kids fighting Quixotic bad guys.

50 freaks shouting crazy shit + 10,000 college kids wearing black costumes & masks shouting their disapproval = cosplay silliness
    Dude...Fuck that. If I were a POC or LGBTQ, I'd be scared. There was literally a massacre of Jewish people in a synogogue and black worshipers in a church, and you're chalking this up to "quixotic kids"? Wake the fuck up!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.8b15de6c5c09
    James Fields charged with first-degree murder in Charlottesville attack
    Jussie Smollett hospitalized: "Empire" actor assaulted in possible hate crime, attackers yelled “MAGA country” - CBS News
    Man shouting 'anti-Muslim slurs' kills 2 on Portland train, police say - CNN
    'Tree of Life' synagogue shooting suspect charged with hate crimes - CNN
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/u...harleston.html
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Counterpoint: Charlottesville.

Which the President said there were "good people" on both sides. And one side was literal Neo Nazis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be like someone saying that BLM is a threat to our country because a couple years ago a nut job assassinated 5 cops in Dallas and talked about BLM to police negotiators.

I get that aimless college kids have given up on traditional achievements of family, work, & financial independence and need to fill a void and pretend that their life is meaningful and their actions important. But adults don’t have to play along with the delusion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be like someone saying that BLM is a threat to our country because a couple years ago a nut job assassinated 5 cops in Dallas and talked about BLM to police negotiators.

I get that aimless college kids have given up on traditional achievements of family, work, & financial independence and need to fill a void and pretend that their life is meaningful and their actions important. But adults don’t have to play along with the delusion.
    One is an anecdote, the collection of anecdotes becomes a reflection of something systemic. This has nothing to do with "the youth". Though I will say, as someone who works with minoritized youth on a daily basis, they have a lot more figured out than we have. They haven't descended into some moral relativism that seems to allow the actions of an insane assassin to be equivocated as akin to a pattern of violence targeting people of color, religious minorities, women, and LGBTQ folks.

Kids today, just like kids of yesteryear, want their work to make a positive impact on our world, they want a family that is free from violence and full of love, and they want to get paid fairly for the work they do.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread's got a whole lot of talking and very little listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "whataboutism" is strong with you.

BLM is a response to a threat to our country. I'm not judging whether its a good response, but absent structural white supremacy, there would be no reason for it to exist.

Also, Heather Heyer's mom would like to have a word, re: cosplaying.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There economy is now crashing, which is the only thing holding them back. Be careful of Iran. Perhaps Intelligence should go back to school!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    One is an anecdote, the collection of anecdotes becomes a reflection of something systemic.
    I nearly spit out coffee when i read that. Hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoop there it is.