Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: We're having a kid!

Well we've all made it two weeks so far. Some days are easy as pie, others...not so much haha. Tues and Thurs night this week she slept like a champ and I got a good 7+ hours of sleep each night. Weds night I got, maybe, 3 hours. I'm a patient guy, but dealing with a fussy baby all night long is making me work on being even more patient. Babies are sweet and cute and fun to snuggle...but they're terrible room mates haha.

Went to a photographer yesterday for pics...she posted this one on her FB page last night, can't wait to see the rest! I still can't believe I had a part in creating something this beautiful. She looks a lot like her momma, red hair, dimples. She's got my green eyes and long lanky feet.

Last edited by dgaddis; 04-13-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Absolutely wonderful. Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute ee.

Amazing what biology does. Everything about a baby is geared towards making you feed it and take care of it - smells, cries, wiggles, even the cuteness factor. Men no more immune than women.

Friend and his wife had a baby. After several weeks, he said "Oh yeah I am totally changing diapers. Really easy. My kid's poop doesn't even smell that bad. Funny cause every other baby I've been around - super stinky! Couldn't even get close to them!"

Dude your baby stinks. It is just your baby, that's all.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats!!!

Fantastic photo - the pose, the coloring, the dimples, the smile!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post

Went to a photographer yesterday for pics...she posted this one on her FB page last night, can't wait to see the rest! I still can't believe I had a part in creating something this beautiful. She looks a lot like her momma, red hair, dimples. She's got my green eyes and long lanky feet.

Brian McLaughlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This little chunk starts daycare next week when her momma goes back to work. Momma is super stressed about it, but I think (and hope) it'll be good for momma to get back to a more normal routine and out of the house, she's going stir crazy.

She grows and changes every day, it's wild to watch. In the ~two weeks or so she's really started looking at things, not just looking around. In the the last week she really started smiling at us, and looking people in the eyes, not just at them. The last few days she's started trying to talk, making cute noises and squeals, more and more every day. And she's finally learned to somewhat control her hands, so she doesn't have to wear the mittens any more for fear of scratching her eye out.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's got those dimples working, doesn't she?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My baby girl and I did the college tour thing this spring. And she's driving herself to bike rides and parties and such. And now she's gotten into the USCGA AIM summer camp. Just yesterday it seems we were marvelling at her red hair and gap-toothed smile. Damn! It goes so fast! Enjoy it all - none of it lasts long enough...
    Bob Spooner
    Departing from
    East Hampton, CT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember that first day of daycare. I was standing on the subway platform, on my way to work, and had the thought, "She is not with either her father or her mother..." Then I felt vaguely nauseous and disoriented for a moment. Three years later when she started preschool it was like she was leaving her second family. So daycare worked out OK.

My baby girl & her boyfriend returned to Boston from DC last month, and will soon be moving into an apartment a stone's throw from that preschool. And a couple stones' throws from her mother and her father.

Life is pretty good.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you have a daycare experience like we do for our two kiddos. The center we send our kids to is really great - lots of learning opportunities, and fun stuff for kids to be kids. Best of luck with the transition. We find that we're better parents when we get time to "rest" from parenting while we're at work.