Thread: the patriots

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: the patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I was unaware of the tradition. I was simply commenting on his colorful clothing. FWIW, HuffPost is no more likely to report news or stories objectively than other politically charged sites. I had no intention of bringing politics into the story.

His colorful clothing and enthusiasm got my attention, that's all.
    HuffPost was just the first article I found. I don't think the source matters very much when you see pictures of a bunch of white men running around in blackface. The tradition can be traced back to the UK. They have the same issues there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake news!

Looks like the Brady pay thing was the result of bad reporting.

Boston Herald looking into hoax, pulls Ron Borges column – ProFootballTalk
    “Sources”…it can go like this: I ask my neighbors 5 year old to repeat “Brady is mad, wants more money”…He does, and Wham, Bob’s your uncle, I now have a “source” who reported “Brady is mad, wants more money”. Sorry, I can’t reveal my sources...

When I hear the news start with “Sources close to (fill in the blank)" my brain filter says it’s BS.

Good for Jimmy G. HUGE gamble on a player who’s only started in 7 games. Hope it works out for him and the Niners. Like to see the look on Kapernick’s face when he heard the news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Like to see the look on Kapernick’s face when he heard the news.
    Jimmy Garoppolo is probably a better player than Colin Kaepernick. But yeah, it's a huge gamble for SF to drop that kind of money. I haven't seen the details and don't know how much is guaranteed. Personally, I'd like to see CK back in the league. He's been blacklisted for what is, in my opinion, a PR issue. He could have handled it all better but I'm not here to discuss that issue other than to opine that he was certainly one of the top 64 QBs on the market and based on playing ability ought to at least have a backup job. It's certainly risky for whichever team signs him from a PR perspective but I'm OK with him in the league. I have no problem with his protest other than that he did it at work, which most of us can't do.

Anyway, it's time for my team, the GB Packers, to sign Aaron Rodgers to a long-term deal, locking him in for the rest of his career. So far, they've made some good moves this winter.

Back to the Patriots, a buddy of mine who is from Boston and a huge fan of all sports New England, says that when it ends with Brady in NE, it's going to end ugly. So far that hasn't happened but he might ultimately still be right. But he passed for over 500 yards last Sunday so the loss wasn't at his feet. The defense never showed up, so it's more on Patricia and especially Belichick for not playing Malcom Butler, who played nearly 98% of defensive plays last year and not a single one in the Super Bowl. Still curious what happened there. One or two good plays on defense and the whole game might have had a different outcome.

I put the loss 99% on Bill Belichick.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 02-09-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, it's time for my team, the GB Packers, to sign Aaron Rodgers to a long-term deal, locking him in for the rest of his career. So far, they've made some good moves this winter.
    I just assumed Rodgers was a Packer for life already…then again, I thought Payton Manning would be buried in a Colts helmet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, The Eagles deserved the win. And the NFL helped with those 2 TD calls.
    Ask any non-Patriot fan - the clement anti-catch evidence was insufficient to overturn and ertxz became a runner when he took three steps.
    patriots are the last team to complain about calls...see "Tuck Rule".
    I just assumed Rodgers was a Packer for life already…then again, I thought Payton Manning would be buried in a Colts helmet...
    Arguably Joe Montana was to the 49ers as god-like as TB12 is to NE...yet there is Joe playing for KC. I would think Kraft will just let Tom retire a Patriot and be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The full name: Target left bunch, Philly special

Reich told me the kernel of the idea originated from an industrious Eagles quality-control coach, Press Taylor. Said Reich: “Press has this, what we call this vault of trick plays. It's an immense vault, so every week we go into Press's vault looking for plays.” Taylor, it appears, found the play in a meaningless Week 17 game in 2016. At 1:10 this morning, The MMQB’s Kalyn Kahler found a play from the Chicago-Minnesota game that doubtless led to Target left bunch, Philly special. Bears running back Jeremy Langford took a direct snap from center, quarterback Matt Barkley lined up behind the right tackle, and wideout Cam Meredith circled back behind Langford and took a pitch from him. Barkley leaked out of the backfield into the end zone. No one covered him. At the 11-yard line, Meredith tossed the ball to Barkley, two yards deep in the end zone. Touchdown.

ldamelio is offline emperor of time, space and all dimensions known and unknown
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

41-33. That is all.
    Lou D'Amelio
    Bucks County PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're from Philly
    F'in Philly
    No one likes us
    We don't care

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all these convoluted catch rules have been invented to keep all the whiners interested in football.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
    ....I would think Kraft will just let Tom retire a Patriot and be done.
    I think when the romance is over, Belichick will release Brady and Kraft will fire Belichick. The Patriots have benefitted from a dispassionate attitude to personnel. When time comes, you are gone.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little "what is a catch?" humor from The Onion...

https://sports.theonion.com/flustere...ues-1822736902
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I think all these convoluted catch rules have been invented to keep all the whiners interested in football.
    Funny, because as a non-football fan who watched most of the game the debate about the play in question was really annoying. It sure looked like a catch and a touchdown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss the good old day when wide recovers used “stick-um”. A catch was a catch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whole "catch" thing has reached absurdity... that's all i know. needs resolution.

football "contracts" are not contracts at all...
    these guys get 4 yr contract w 1 year guaranteed then they are forced to renegotiate down or get cut if they have not a great year, get injured or even if they have a good year ( amendola ).

it is not accurate to call them contracts. these guys have a useless union to agree to these fraudulent arrangements... not to mention the concussion part.

good for garapalo.. hope he has a great career out west and hope he takes home a decent part of the deal.

will be interesting to watch the brady thing as it winds down... the guy really hasn't lost it at all.
    at some point an injury will end it i thk.
    he would have been brilliant to retire after last years super bowl... but, that's just me.
    hard to give up the limelight i guess.
    Last edited by SteveP; 02-11-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345