User Tag List

Thread: Framebuilder Flow Chart and their Beginnings

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Framebuilder Flow Chart and their Beginnings

So in another forum (Classic Rendezvous) there's been a thread about various builder's beginnings and who spawned who. A bunch of years ago in some other forum there was a thread and posting of a "family" tree depicting the nodes, branches and cross pollination of many past and current builders. I remember Eisentraut, March, Masi among other nodes. Does anyone remember this chart? Has anyone got a link/copy of it still? Andy (who's icing his knees after a cold ride after the rain stopped).
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Framebuilder Flow Chart and their Beginnings

I remember one that was internet crowd sourced for fodder, it became a PDF poster, and was beyond lame.

PS Who is March?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess my memory is not crystal clear:) I had thought the chart has some reality in it.

"March" was my attempt to name an East coast semi production shop, based in NJ??? back at least 2 or 3 decades. But this too might just be a fidget of my mind. Andy
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you thinking of Match, near Seattle, back in 1997-9? Goodrich, Tweedy, Pacenti, Bulgier, Isaac... and yours truly, of course.
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    “Maybe chairs shouldn’t be comfortable. At some point, you want your guests to leave.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve- Yes I am. Wrong part of the country in my memory though. Andy.
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart View Post
    So in another forum (Classic Rendezvous) there's been a thread about various builder's beginnings and who spawned who. A bunch of years ago in some other forum there was a thread and posting of a "family" tree depicting the nodes, branches and cross pollination of many past and current builders. I remember Eisentraut, March, Masi among other nodes. Does anyone remember this chart? Has anyone got a link/copy of it still? Andy (who's icing his knees after a cold ride after the rain stopped).
    I think the one you're speaking of, and the one Richard references is specifically with regards to the New England F-Builder community? It appears the original site/graphic you are referring to is no longer available (via www.anglesandpoise.com). Fat Chance however has what Richard is referencing I believe in a low resolution JPG. It's accuracy is up for debate, but for the sake of the conversation, here's the link to Fat Chance's blog post.

I don't recall the Eisentraut, Masi etc. ever becoming a graphic. I think it was simply a long thread speaking of the connections.
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram