User Tag List

Thread: Character evaluation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Character evaluation

I go to a local supermarket for the groceries, lately some new chains moved in and now and then I have to go over there to get something that the one I go to doesn't carry or is out of. The one I go to has sort of weird stocking patterns and run out of things where if I ask somebody that works there they go out back and come back shrugging their shoulders going "Beats the hell out of me why we're out, it's on the order sheet. This happens all the time."

I won't go to the new store for all my groceries, I hate the place. It's a suburban store and the reek of self-entitlement is almost overpowering. My store's more a city store and it's a much more polite place because there's a price to be paid if you cross some of the people there.

So... getting to the point. They seem to have stopped selling King Arthur whole wheat flour. That's almost the last thing that makes me hold my nose and cross over... but I went to get beer and for the first time I've ever seen either there, Shed's Mountain Ale next to Founder's Dirty Bastard. How do you make a choice? I didn't. I took both.

Flour? Beer? What would it be for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Character evaluation

It has nothing to do with character.

If the same jug of Orange Juice is $2 different at different stores it isn't even a question where I shop. I once found the exact same jug of Orange Juice differed by $3.50 at different grocery stores within a mile of each other.

I have limited hours in my life and limited amounts of money. I buy my groceries where I get, overall, the best pricing and that involves fewer stops.

Shopping is not a game for me, it is a "have to do", the sooner I finish, the sooner I can do something I want to do.

If that means the chain store gets my business, then the chain store gets my business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    but I went to get beer and for the first time I've ever seen either there, Shed's Mountain Ale next to Founder's Dirty Bastard.
    If someplace here in DC sold good Vermont beer I'd be shopping there, too.

Our choice is between cheaper chain with bad customer service and more expensive with friendly folks. We've been going to the friendlier place.
    Andy

RAI Reporter: "Did you have it in mind to go for the win today?"
    Eddy Merckx: "Why do you ask me that? Why do you think I'm here? To watch the others win?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to shop wherever the mom's are the hottest. Price be damned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whole Foods on a busy day is so full of people busily mashing carts into my heels that I've been "pushed" to find a new drug. What I found was a very old and in the way grocery which has existed for many years in the basement of a local apartment complex. They have a real butcher, local veg, local meat, ShockTop beer and Sirrachi sauce. Their prices are high, they could double their prices and I'd still shop there.