Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFS Chainlube & Race Grease: The wait is over

Ok order in for some grease. Time to rehab some bearings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have some Silca NFS en route, can't wait to try NFS after growing tired of constantly re-lubing and having chain lubes dissipate in one ride (or less...) lately.

One question - what's the layman's difference between NFS (regular) and Silca NFS? I know they have slightly different formulations, but I'm wondering if one is better for certain conditions.
    Mark Edwards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrk_d View Post
    Have some Silca NFS en route, can't wait to try NFS after growing tired of constantly re-lubing and having chain lubes dissipate in one ride (or less...) lately.

One question - what's the layman's difference between NFS (regular) and Silca NFS? I know they have slightly different formulations, but I'm wondering if one is better for certain conditions.
    Good question Mark. Slica asked for something which placed a premium on performance. The Silca version might be a bit lighter and the NixFrixShun version might be a bit longer lasting. Both are DEAD silent and run super clean. They are tweaked versions and Josh P. is a very precise guy so I sweated the details for him. You'll be happy with either but especially happy because Silca is moving the brand into retailers all over the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to meet a ton of Vsalonistas at NAHBS. Let's have some fun too:

NixFrixShun wants to make NAHBS more fun, promote the venue and meet alot of new faces. Here is the deal, if you use any form of social media with a picture of yourself and either me or Matt behind our table at NAHBS, post it to this Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/NFSspeedshop?ref=hl )we will hook you up with free NixFrixShun Ultimate chainlube 1 oz sample bottle which is enough to ride across the USA 1.5 times!!!! If you do all the above AND manage to get ANY NAHBS Framebuilder in the picture with us you'll get two bottles and if you do ALL the above AND whip me in arm wrestling you get a free full bottle of NFS. Woah, we went there
    Last edited by Too Tall; 03-03-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we had artisan frames, now we have artisan chain lube

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats tt, ill have to join the club soon, i have a Spectrum sample waiting but i havent been able to finish my chain l yet in its 3rd year. Sorry, im just a guy who eats every grain of rice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boom. The stock grease in these Bitex hubs seems pretty weak, this stuff is better. Feels smoother and quieted down the hub a bit.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks, if you want NixFrixShun Chainlube and SpeedGrease at your LBS tell them to create an account at NixFrixShun Bicycle Speed Shop and shoot me an email with their bonafides at contact AT nixfrixshun DOT com

Life just got incrementally more simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having just ordered a jar, I have achieved peak grease. Or does that only happen once the new embrocation is out?

PS. For the embro, please don't take naming cues from Zabriskie, or it'll be NixDixFrixShun, and that would be a bridge too far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey TT, can you spill some marketing words that describe how the NFS grease is different than other standard greases like Phil Wood, etc.? It being red is enough for me, but just curious what else it has going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    Hey TT, can you spill some marketing words that describe how the NFS grease is different than other standard greases like Phil Wood, etc.? It being red is enough for me, but just curious what else it has going on.
    NixFrixShun Race grease was made by request from Boyd to lube his sexy new Infinity hub pawls. knowing that there already are at least two VERY good freehub compatible greases available we had a high bar to leap. The difference is that ours takes advantage of the best available synthetics and additives....and it is red ;) It did not need to be made but we did and it is probably one of the best freehub, bearing and general purpose bicycle greases available. FWIIW ours exceeds current lab certification standards in a couple of categories....not that it matters but it does help prove how BA the stuff is ;)

Did I answer or just cheerlead? Erk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    NixFrixShun Race grease was made by request from Boyd to lube his sexy new Infinity hub pawls.
    Correct except for one thing. The sexy hubs are named Eternity.

But the pawl grease works amazing. I remember telling Josh that it was tough for me to test different variations over the long haul because one application just wasn't wearing out. In fact on one of the hubs (from two hub design revisions before the final design was released) I am still on my first coating and it's been used in all conditions and a lot of miles put on it.
    www.boydcycling.com - The Handcrafted Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boydcycling View Post
    Correct except for one thing. The sexy hubs are named Eternity.

But the pawl grease works amazing. I remember telling Josh that it was tough for me to test different variations over the long haul because one application just wasn't wearing out. In fact on one of the hubs (from two hub design revisions before the final design was released) I am still on my first coating and it's been used in all conditions and a lot of miles put on it.
    Ooo thanks for the save Boyd. The hubs get me excited, so cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dogrange View Post
    I am really curious as well. However, if the man behind the curtain were to divulge his secret formulas, the "big boys" would simply copy what he is doing and drive him out of business with the much bigger pockets they have. So when Toots adds the virgin spit to his next batch of NFS, avert your eyes and let him at it. Since that virgin spit sure seems to work.
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, used to make 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- my response, relative to our "snake oil" years back..
    "it works..," faith & belief -- the formula..

believe'n in the tall man..,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    NixFrixShun Race grease was made by request from Boyd to lube his sexy new Infinity hub pawls. knowing that there already are at least two VERY good freehub compatible greases available we had a high bar to leap. The difference is that ours takes advantage of the best available synthetics and additives....and it is red ;) It did not need to be made but we did and it is probably one of the best freehub, bearing and general purpose bicycle greases available. FWIIW ours exceeds current lab certification standards in a couple of categories....not that it matters but it does help prove how BA the stuff is ;)

Did I answer or just cheerlead? Erk.
    You answered plenty good for my purposes. Does this mean I could use NFS Race Grease on my Mavic hub pawls instead of oil to perhaps quiet them down a little?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kellogg View Post
    I am really curious as well. However, if the man behind the curtain were to divulge his secret formulas, the "big boys" would simply copy what he is doing and drive him out of business with the much bigger pockets they have. So when Toots adds the virgin spit to his next batch of NFS, avert your eyes and let him at it. Since that virgin spit sure seems to work.
    At the show we were joking around where Josh would tell people it's made from the tears of children. I came up with a back story that we get a bunch of kids, line them up and tell them Santa isn't real and then collect their tears to make the chain lube.
    www.boydcycling.com - The Handcrafted Revolution

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the show we were joking around where Josh would tell people it's made from the tears of children. I came up with a back story that we get a bunch of kids, line them up and tell them Santa isn't real and then collect their tears to make the chain lube.
    It's a good strategy. That way you know they're legit tears. Crocodile tears actually create friction and would be counter productive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You tap Olive yet?
    Tom Kellogg
    Rides bikes, used to make 'em too.
    Spectrum-Cycles.com
    Butted Ti Road, Reynolds UL, Di2, QuarQ, Conour lite, SP Zero
    Steel Cross, X-7, Crank Bros, Concour Lite, Nemesis, Grifo
    Steel Piste, D-A Piste, PD-7400, Concour lite, Zipp 404
    http://kapelmuurindependent.be

Shortest TFC Member (5'6 3/4") & shrinking