Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: anyone use Strava Premium?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: anyone use Strava Premium?

I'm a premium user and I love it. I use it with my PM and it's a good deal.

A suggestion I propose would be to search for segments by time. Like, to be able to search for all segments 2 min and less, or between 10 and 5 min.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm digging the impulse-response model that works for heart rate, in addition to power

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOOFUS View Post
    I'm digging the impulse-response model that works for heart rate, in addition to power
    +1, it's a really nice upgrade.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went premium last year. To be honest though it really is only to support the company. I use a HRM, but don't pay much attention to to the results on Strava. That said, it's kind of interesting to see the suffer score on the harder rides.
    #mfwonton

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fitness and freshness thing is kinda cool although Im not too sure on how to use it...

Is there a velocipede group?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post

Yup: Velocipede Salon | Strava Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I abandoned this thread - if anyone has any Strava questions please feel free to ask me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is cool if you ask me:
    Strava - Metro

I've already used the standard heat map in the workplace.
    --------------------
    another jaunt
    REBAR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ignignokt View Post
    The fitness and freshness thing is kinda cool although Im not too sure on how to use it...

I would like a bit more clarification on this feature as well. I think I am reading it right...but they really only explain the concepts around the terminology. Not how to read the graph.

I am getting frustrated with the tracking of indoor rides on the Velodrome. Strava only uses the GPS data to calculate starts and stops. Not whether or not your Garmin stops. So on an outdoor ride, if you stop at the coffee shop, it doesn't factor the duration of your coffee break into moving time, so you can get a realistic picture of what your average speed was.

On the track, with no GPS data, it calculates your average over the entire duration of the ride. So I can go ride in a paceline at 40km/h, but I have no choice but to get off the track and go to the infield to take a drink (since you can't bring water on track). This takes a significant hit to the average speed when you upload. Just makes it more frustrating to compare data. Emailed customer support and basically said I am shit out of luck. Sometimes the average recorded on my Garmin drops 7-8km an hour once uploaded. If I want that data, I have to start a new ride every time I get on and off.
    Tom Lowry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nspace View Post
    I would like a bit more clarification on this feature as well. I think I am reading it right...but they really only explain the concepts around the terminology. Not how to read the graph.

I am getting frustrated with the tracking of indoor rides on the Velodrome. Strava only uses the GPS data to calculate starts and stops. Not whether or not your Garmin stops. So on an outdoor ride, if you stop at the coffee shop, it doesn't factor the duration of your coffee break into moving time, so you can get a realistic picture of what your average speed was.

On the track, with no GPS data, it calculates your average over the entire duration of the ride. So I can go ride in a paceline at 40km/h, but I have no choice but to get off the track and go to the infield to take a drink (since you can't bring water on track). This takes a significant hit to the average speed when you upload. Just makes it more frustrating to compare data. Emailed customer support and basically said I am shit out of luck. Sometimes the average recorded on my Garmin drops 7-8km an hour once uploaded. If I want that data, I have to start a new ride every time I get on and off.
    On the plus side, my ride times are always longer with the Strava App compared to my Garmin. :)
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wish the training and tracking stuff would be a little more in depth like wko or cyclinganlytics. then again it's more of a social media type service than a training tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nspace View Post

Can't you run a lap counter and just start a new lap when you get off or on the track?
    Lane DeCamp

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123