Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    Oh man what a rug that'd make. (Doing my 20.)
    No push-ups required in gcsiif. Your pecs look great though, and I don't mind saying so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Last day of work before I get to watch my alma mater (hopefully) beat my home town team, and father's alma mater. Sure it's a long shot with Virginia at 2-8 on the season, but with Miami in a downward spiral, you never know. And the best part is I'm happy whichever team wins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Last day of work before I get to watch my alma mater (hopefully) beat my home town team, and father's alma mater. Sure it's a long shot with Virginia at 2-8 on the season, but with Miami in a downward spiral, you never know. And the best part is I'm happy whichever team wins.
    Since I have "family" attending Virginia - I'll root for Virginia.

Friday Hell Yeah: exterior renovations have been moving along. Maybe a week or two left (damn Turkey day will interfere, no doubt).
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Building my first frame in a bit and it's coming out great--gotta love muscle memory.

Taking prednisone for a weird skin thing and have felt better the last couple of days than in recent memory. Tons of energy, better mood, etc. Don't know if it's connected, but I'll take it.

Front row seats for David Sedaris tonight up in Rutvegas.

Unusually happy, considering the 3.2 hours of sunlight per day it seems like we're getting…

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st turns at sugarloaf coming 1st thing tmmrw am! wait, i don't turn. hahaha i've said it before, i love my local bike/ski shop. had a complete remount for new skis done, and the rear wheel of my track bike trued and fixed 2 broken spokes - $10.00 total. Bath Cycle and Ski - Woolwich Maine
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to seeing Elvis Costello perform a solo act this evening. I have been patiently waiting for this show.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by znfdl View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Elvis Costello perform a solo act this evening. I have been patiently waiting for this show.
    I saw him two weeks ago in Northampton. A joy.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one’s sort of long, since it requires a set up. My dad died 11 years ago. About 7 months later, a long-time friend of my parents – the mother of childhood friends of mine – died. And then less than a year after her death, my widow mom and her widower husband became a couple.

The relationship was pretty weird for me, at least at first. On my first visit after their thing became public, I went out for dinner with my mom, her ‘boyfriend’ and one of his daughters. Although this daughter and I had been good friends as teenagers, I had lost touch and probably hadn’t seen her for almost twenty years. But as happens with long-lost friends of youth, we picked right up as if we’d seen each other last month, the years fell away and all of a sudden the whole situation felt warm, comfortable and, well, good…

The years have passed and the relationship has endured.

Last weekend I heard from another one of the daughters, who I had been even closer to as a kid (not like that... Get your minds out of the gutters here.) She was coming to Boston for work and was hoping we could get together. We had her over for dinner Tuesday and then I showed her and her colleague around town on Wednesday night.

Re-connecting – and although I saw her for an afternoon maybe 15 years ago, this was the first time we’d spent any real time together since the early 80s – was pretty fucking great. We had a massive amount of catching up to do; we bitched to each other about our (and the other’s) aging parents and how we deal with them; and we had a fantastic time just being together. She says she’s coming back to Boston with her family. I can’t wait to meet them.

Life is pretty much guaranteed to throw curves at you. Sometimes the results can be just brilliant.
    GO!