Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 75 of 362 FirstFirst ... 656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Transportation in the Charlotte area is cars. Foxx backed building a runway at CLT but beyond that he's an up and coming hot shot democrat, that's all that appointment is about. He's a transportation expert the same way Paul Ryan is a fiscal genius.

Now I'm fu*ckin grumpy, politicians are such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    I'm no expert on Anthony Foxx's qualifications, but apparently he did some good things for transportation in the Charlotte area. For the vast majority of Americans "transportation" means the time they spend commuting in their cars, and for that he's probably a good choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of more bikes and fewer cars, really I do but...

Bike to Work Day makes me grumpy. The road and MUT are a nightmare on BTWD. My favorite guy was the weekend warrior fred on his road bike with his once a year wearing of the messenger bag, full lycra, road shoes the works. Could barely hold himself up with that bag as he wobbled to a stop in the crosswalk. Another one was the guy using his right arm to signal a left turn, weird. Then there's the guy that can't be passed, he will stand up and ride threee miles standing pushing as hard as he can, he can't allow himself to be passed. Meanwhile, I'm just soft pedaling along behind.

There actually were a lot of nice folks out, some new striping on major commute routes, and the bike coalition did a great job with their "energizer stations" as usual, go SFBC!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    syntax errors.

*wasted*

xxoo Stu.
    mauna: If was only half a syntax error, I was trying to play on words, I used "waisted" because of his big fat dense head. I guess I was being too obtuse.

xoxo right back at ya....
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do arithmetic for a living. Even I cannot make 4 + 4 = 7... no matter how much you pay me, no matter how important your business is, no matter what your fancy title is, no matter how nicely you ask me, and no matter how much you yell at me.

4 + 4 = 8, bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
    I do arithmetic for a living. Even I cannot make 4 + 4 = 7... no matter how much you pay me, no matter how important your business is, no matter what your fancy title is, no matter how nicely you ask me, and no matter how much you yell at me.

4 + 4 = 8, bro.
    Pure Math, right? 'Cause a proper Accountant could make it work... ;->

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    Pure Math, right? 'Cause a proper Accountant could make it work... ;->
    I'll have them PM you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not being able to have an employee parking pass in GRR because the airport manager won't issue them if your airline doest fly to GRR and will rescind them if your airline stops service to GRR. Says there's a lack of parking. Acres of empty spots seem to defy this logic.

Told me that when I talk to Doug Parker (CEO of US Airways and of the new American Airlines when the merger is complete) and have him resume service to GRR I can have a parking pass.

Rog-O......

And what else? Nice gate agent this morning. Good looking. Fit. Nice smile. No 'tude. Down to earth. Seems bright. What's not to love? The rock on her finger, that's what. All the good ones are spoken for it seems.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whilst partaking in the time honored tradition of lunch I heard the unmistakable 'noise' of a WRX engine under load followed by a crash.

I turned around to see a specialized cartwheeling in mid air and a fluro bike messenger eating pavement, That shit was heavy.
    Gotta a glimpse of the dirty, drug peddling, roid rockin' fucker in the WRX as he speed off......... at least I managed to call him a **** (under my breath)

Dude was shaken up, plates were written down and life moved on. All in all, it wasn't pleasant

Also Harley's (Hardleys?) blow

-Fil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove my car to work today.

And cheap fenders. Hate them.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never lived in a place where rubbernecking on the highway is as blatant as it is in the NYC area. Any other time, everyone is zooming at twice the speed limit. A car pulls over so the driver can change their socks (though I think most NYC drivers change their socks while driving, to be honest) and EVERYONE not only slows down to take a look, they come to a rolling stop! And if it is an actual accident, they do everything except get out of their car and take photographs. I cannot comprehend how that behavior fits into the need for speed that accompanies almost every other thing in NYC.

This weekend I have to drive. Event in the Catskills that will be great. But as you can tell, I am not looking forward to the driving. Or rather, the driving is okay. I'm not looking forward to doing it with all the other drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its” is the possessive. “It’s” is a contraction of “it” and “is”. Please read and memorize the following:

“Its” is not “it’s”. “It’s” is not “its”.

Learn the fucking difference and you will not come off as a semi-literate half-wit when you write.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried not to, but now I got to.

Working with a vendor product. Application resident on middleware, Java based. Big heap. Starts out working fast, but as the heap fills up it slows and eventually garbage collection starts and application http times out and rolls over. That is, unless I keep recycling it before it blows up. Black box stripped down version of middleware, BTW. Otherwise I'd hack away at it. Maybe I will. Anyway, report issue to vendor, ask what diags they want. Middleware guys tell me. Helpfully, they even describe exactly what directories to go into and precisely the pax syntax they want. Cool. Upload it, they look at it and determine it probably isn't a middleware issue because of all what they see in the heap. (Stuff that probably should have gone unowned and scavenged away but isn't, that kind of stuff.) So they confer with app development and pass it over. App development asks for app logs. I don't realize they're in one of the pax outputs,my bad... but hell, it's their product, they should know. So I say I'll recreate. After fighting a bunch of fires, I get back to it. Recreate problem, recreate diags, send them in.

I realize they've had their logs all along.

Response from app support: "Not familiar with that filetype, what did you use to create it?" You think that the same file names with a date tag as were created by those instructions earlier in the record might be a clue? I tell them to look back at the update time and datestamped XYZ.

Response from app support: "Exactly what were you doing at the time?" Uh, you mean the app logs don't log app activity? Read my descriptions earlier of exactly what I was doing and then read the logs, I tell them.

Response from app support: "Sending to middleware so they can complete their analysis."

You mean that we sat for two weeks with the same diagnostic info I just gave you again so we could play ping pong? Nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom - It's all about closing the ticket. You know that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to long ago I decided that I needed to learn to do pull-ups, perhaps inspired by the Art of Manliness, perhaps just an effort to remedy my girlish upper body.
    It's been going well... started at 2 pull-ups many weeks ago, and I'm steadily adding a pull-up each week.

However, whilst doing a pull up the other day, my back muscle went mad. Whatever stabbed me in the back must have left the knife in there. I have since been unable to lift my arm or look left or right. The kiddo's school play after-social was awkward as I appeared like a tin man douche. I cannot blame friends for chuckling. I am really appreciating my office swivel chair. Please don't call me on the phone - ouch. How many Advil is it safe to consume in one day? Got a massage on the schedule today - it will be painful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your so right.

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Its” is the possessive. “It’s” is a contraction of “it” and “is”. Please read and memorize the following:

Learn the fucking difference and you will not come off as a semi-literate half-wit when you write.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and another thing that's making me sizzle - Ballers. And the fact that I'm sitting this one out in lame hotels and flying all f*cking weekend instead of riding the smooth, well-paved roads Josh has hand selected for this weekend's light spins.

I am raging that I won't be there.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Oh, the horror that has become the common usage of the English language in this country. The one that's chapped me EVERY FRICKIN' TIME I see it is the "too" at the end of a sentence, when not only is the correct spelling "to", but it's an incorrect way to finish a sentence. Putting an extra fucking "o" at the end DOESN'T CORRECT IT!
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Your so right.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Oh, the horror that has become the common usage of the English language in this country. The one that's chapped me EVERY FRICKIN' TIME I see it is the "too" at the end of a sentence, when not only is the correct spelling "to", but it's an incorrect way to finish a sentence. Putting an extra fucking "o" at the end DOESN'T CORRECT IT!
    These too.

But the thing about the "its/it's" mistake that makes it so freaking annoying is that it's ubiquitous. I not only see the mistake all over this forum, Facebook, and other social media sites, but in published advertising, marketing materials and even (occasionally) the press.

Grrr.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we're on grammar: "Premiere" vs. "Premier" is my grump. A premiere is the first showing of a film or play. Something described as premier is the best, or one of the best in its class - a premier builder of bicycles, a premier supplier of accounting software, a premier individual in their field. Or it's a head of state, or an airplane, but it's not a premiere. (In my opinion the word "premier" is also drastically overused.)

Admittedly this is not much of a grump.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Utilize the right one.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Your so right.