Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 19 of 177 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

I stopped at a local shop last week to out a few Ball watches. I dig the look of the Engineer Master II, I saw the green model in the store. But I like the black, or orange one more.

Thinking seriously about it though. Not a bad price and a neat looking watch.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had checked out the Ball offerings as well, nice pieces!

A couple of years ago I was set on a Omega then I found Sinn (the watch!). Now have a couple of them. Found that I do not wear the U1 very much so it might be time for a trade!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I checked out the Sub's Honus posted. Wow, they looked brand new. One was sold before I got there. Send him a PM Monday if you are interested.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went out last night w/ the wife and noticed a watch shop I've never seen or been into (we don't normally go out in the area we were at). Saw a Rolex window that had an awesome Rolex Submariner No Date w/o COSC mumbo jumbo wording. They were selling it about $100 higher than it should have been marked. The really bad part of this is my wife started trying on watch and now she want a Rolex Air King for herself as a daily wearer.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I was in a toss up between the Breitling Super Ocean and the Ball EMII Diver. I really dug the internal bezel and the fit of the EMII Diver. The anti-magnetic bit appealed to the nerd in me. I ended up with the Ball. My graduation gift to myself.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharp watch Joe! You'll have to stop by some time and let me check it out. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post
    Well, I was in a toss up between the Breitling Super Ocean and the Ball EMII Diver. I really dug the internal bezel and the fit of the EMII Diver. The anti-magnetic bit appealed to the nerd in me. I ended up with the Ball. My graduation gift to myself.

-Joe
    I'm not as familiar with Ball watches as with Breitling, but i think you made the right call. That's a nice looking watch and it's more unique. The lumen on the dial is pretty sweet too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xjoex View Post

-Joe
    great watch Joe, being an engineer myself, i've been eyeing one for a few years. green is also my favorite color, this is a winner for me. wear it in good health.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need my Omega repaired.
    JR59, or whoever on this thread that does watch repair please e-mail me at:
    [email protected]

I have two, and one needs a service so I can sell it.
    I'm downsizing after being right-sized... OH WAIT!... I meant "retirement".

-Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was walking through downtown Seattle with my girlfriend-fiancee' in 1976 (no, we never did get married.
    My heart ached for 2 years. I saw her recently... she's twice the woman she was then. Whew! That
    was close!) and while looking for rings we also shopped Rolex. I wanted a Chronograph, Chronometer, or
    whatever it was called. If I remember correctly Jackie Stewart had the same model and that was more
    than good enough for me. The watch ranged from $510 to $525 (hey, my '64 Impala coupe' was gorgeous
    and only $100!). I almost jumped at the $510 price. I think they are at least 10-15 times that price now.
    That watch had some fine curves, and a sweet face. It has done better than the old G.F. I can say that
    because I'm only 26 years old, have a full head of hair, and still have a body like Frank Zane... in my dreams.

-Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeedwell View Post
    Was walking through downtown Seattle with my girlfriend-fiancee' in 1976 (no, we never did get married.
    My heart ached for 2 years. I saw her recently... she's twice the woman she was then. Whew! That
    was close!) and while looking for rings we also shopped Rolex. I wanted a Chronograph, Chronometer, or
    whatever it was called. If I remember correctly Jackie Stewart had the same model and that was more
    than good enough for me. The watch ranged from $510 to $525 (hey, my '64 Impala coupe' was gorgeous
    and only $100!). I almost jumped at the $510 price. I think they are at least 10-15 times that price now.
    That watch had some fine curves, and a sweet face. It has done better than the old G.F. I can say that
    because I'm only 26 years old, have a full head of hair, and still have a body like Frank Zane... in my dreams.

-Max
    Yea, I think your not gotten daytona would be worth a bit more than the Impala!
    A bit more than 10x as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeedwell View Post
    I need my Omega repaired.
    JR59, or whoever on this thread that does watch repair please e-mail me at:
    [email protected]

I have two, and one needs a service so I can sell it.
    I'm downsizing after being right-sized... OH WAIT!... I meant "retirement".

-Max
    What Omega you looking to sell?

Signed,

A guy with a watch problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this select gruop, I'll admit that I've got one I need to move too: I have a classic-dial (not the hideous Spitfire) IWC UTC 3251 in stainless with two buffalo hide straps (one well-used and one new and never mounted), a spare croc strap, both a deployant and tang buckle, and all boxes/papers. This is the one with tritium hands and 12 o'clock marker and Luminova 1-11 markers.

It's been my daily wearer since 2005 or so, and I'll rate it at 85-89% condition only because it has a sizeable ding in the bezel at 6'o clock from when Travis Pastrana accidentally threw a big chef's knife on it when we were cracking lobsters in the kitchen of the Red Lion hotel in Olympia, WA in 2007. Am thinking $2000 or trade for bike stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian - have you tried selling it on Chrono24? It appears to be a descent marketplace for buying/selling. Unfortunately, in the watch world, you have to have a little rep to be trusted since its chock full of replicas.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, no, I haven't tried to sell it at all...just struck me when I saw Cody's post. Are there many people on Chrono24 who want to trade bike wheels or frames for watches? Given the condition of the watch, I'd prefer a local sale in NYC if it was to someone who didn't "internet-know" me before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    when Travis Pastrana accidentally threw a big chef's knife on it when we were cracking lobsters in the kitchen of the Red Lion hotel in Olympia, WA in 2007.
    uh, do tell more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this select gruop, I'll admit that I've got one I need to move too: I have a classic-dial (not the hideous Spitfire) IWC UTC 3251 in stainless with two buffalo hide straps (one well-used and one new and never mounted), a spare croc strap, both a deployant and tang buckle, and all boxes/papers. This is the one with tritium hands and 12 o'clock marker and Luminova 1-11 markers.

It's been my daily wearer since 2005 or so, and I'll rate it at 85-89% condition only because it has a sizeable ding in the bezel at 6'o clock from when Travis Pastrana accidentally threw a big chef's knife on it when we were cracking lobsters in the kitchen of the Red Lion hotel in Olympia, WA in 2007. Am thinking $2000 or trade for bike stuff...
    That's one heck of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes a very good deal.
    email sent. I think a fellow bike guy wants this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    uh, do tell more!
    Not much to tell. In a prior career, I co-drove rally cars for, among others, Travis and Subaru. Travis has a knack for somehow getting invited to do odd things, and if I recall correctly, one of the team members ordered lobster at the restaurant, and Travis convinced the chef that as a proud Marylander, he knew lots of stuff about crabs, and ergo lobsters and she should let us help prepare the lobster. I believe I was brought along (as generally the case) to supervise and make sure the driver didn't hurt himself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian, you could try selling it on a Rally forum. ;)