Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Argonaut Cycles

Awesome- I have been following the progression since earlier this year and I am really pumped for you and interested to see what you come up with. It really is bold to basically start over in a medium- I give you credit for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bottle ride View Post
    Awesome- I have been following the progression since earlier this year and I am really pumped for you and interested to see what you come up with. It really is bold to basically start over in a medium- I give you credit for that.
    Thanks! Yeah, a little scary at first, especially turning customers who wanted steel bikes after I had made the decision away felt bad. But, I knew I couldn't accomplish what I wanted without putting 100% of my effort into it. I'd never have enough time if I kept trying to make steel bikes too, and there are plenty of other great steel builders to send people to.

Carbon is such a cool material. At first I lamented no longer working with steel and hoped I could make some side project brazed bikes once the carbon frames were on the road. No more, though, carbon is my new muse!

- Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to catch up on your blog earlier today. It is really nice to be able to follow the progress of this project so closely. It looks great and I am looking forward to seeing the final product in Sacramento. Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
    I got to catch up on your blog earlier today. It is really nice to be able to follow the progress of this project so closely. It looks great and I am looking forward to seeing the final product in Sacramento. Best of luck.
    Thanks for reading the blog! I'm so glad you can make sense of it, and can't wait for you to see the real thing at NAHBS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hopefully you keep my dimensions on file, maybe I'll want a carbon in the future. If you put the same detail into the carbon frames that you did with steel, they'll be great.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Hopefully you keep my dimensions on file, maybe I'll want a carbon in the future. If you put the same detail into the carbon frames that you did with steel, they'll be great.
    Got them right here, and absolutely. I aim to please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben, are you going have one your your new carbon fiber bikes at NAHBS? Really looking to see one.