Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Zen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Zen

So in between searching for suitable chinos and suede bucks and general forum content, I came upon a video of a shoe shine involving deer bone. Turns out the oils and hardness of bone are the best thing to remove scuff from your shoes (who knew?!?!).

But while watching the video, I noticed something else. The video had a calming effect on me. I was once told by a girl, who gave the best back rub I've ever received, that I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders. No, she was not cute. No, I did not solicit the back rub. Yes, we were at a bar. Yes,it felt so good I couldn't bring myself to tell her to stop. And yes, she was right. I do hold tension in my shoulders. I hold so much tension in my shoulders that off the rack jackets tend to roll across my back.

But this video has cured me. I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure my jackets don't fit anymore. Good news for the poor bastard who alters my clothes. No more high shoulders.

In all seriousness, I find that performing mundane tasks, like ironing my shirts or shining my shoes, is relaxing. Turns out, watching others do these things well is just as good. So here's 10 minutes of peace and quiet. On me, man. My treat.

And if you don't like the video; hey, at least you learned that thing about the deer bone.

Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Zen

Love that movie.

Weird to me, though, that Peter Sellers was a huge fan and very good friend of Cheech and Chong. He would be so so excited to see them that he would often pick them up at the airport.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(out of order; read this first)

Famous butlers who like to watch:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something super-calming about watching that video. I think it is sort of like watching Bob Ross on tv. Polishing my own shoes, probably not so relaxing.