Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Thread: Dornbox Bicycles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dornbox Bicycles

this is chris' thread, not mine, but why did you say this, and what does it mean atmo -

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymaietta View Post
    Chris,

While Carl and Richard are both successful Professional framebuilders their frames and busniness models are very different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by e-RICHIE View Post
    this is chris' thread, not mine, but why did you say this, and what does it mean atmo -
    My point was that Carl is business is mostly, if not all frame-based. His prices for a steel frame/fork are about half of yours and he has to build more of them to keep himself in business. You have an established soft good and lug business, build fewer frames and charge more for a frame/fork. While neither model is wrong, how you two go about making a sustainable living by building bicycle frames is very different. My point was that I think Chris needs to plan his path; whether it be more in your vein or more in Carl's vein and work towards making that work.
    Anthony Maietta
    Web Site | Blog | Flickr
    "The person who says it can not be done, should not interrupt the person doing it."

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymaietta View Post
    My point was that Carl is business is mostly, if not all frame-based. His prices for a steel frame/fork are about half of yours and he has to build more of them to keep himself in business. You have an established soft good and lug business, build fewer frames and charge more for a frame/fork. While neither model is wrong, how you two go about making a sustainable living by building bicycle frames is very different. My point was that I think Chris needs to plan his path; whether it be more in your vein or more in Carl's vein and work towards making that work.
    we all start somewhere atmo.
    i once made more frames and sold them at lower prices too.
    check back with carl in the future and see if the gap narrows.