Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kellogg View Post
Wade:

I've been waiting for you to get smoked. You've been "moon struck" by the bug now. My condolences go out to you ;-) Interestingly, when I started I figured that I give it a try and then get a "real" job. It took a few years before I realized that I was not only "doing it" but that I couldn't quit. I'm glad that you had the realization of where your heart is up front. You'll be just fine.

So, do you expect to concentrate in one area of bikes ... like off road, or are you going to be hitting most of he bases? How much thought have you put into preferred materials and construction techniques? Where do you think you are headed. It might be fun to put this sort of stuff down on paper (or in the cloud) and then look it up in five years. Go at it!
Thanks Tom! It was a thrill to meet you at Richmond. I give you full credit for making our favorite great lumbering oaf (TT) look good on a bicycle. I really don't know. I'll just have to go with the orders (not taking yet) and see what develops. As much as I love mountain biking, I spend way more time on the road and really love the simplicity and elegance of a well-executed road bike. At the same time I'm enamored by the ride of a well-executed hardtail and the abuse that they must endure. Then there's this 'cross thing still developing here. I've never swung my leg over a genuine 'cross bike, but I have punked around my 'cross course on an atb. I'm building a 'crosser next. I truly expect to do a blend of those three, with some occasional commuter/tourer-type stuff. That's most of the bases eh? As wonderful as steel is, I do know that someday I'll tool up for titanium. I've owned one ti frame and enough components to know that I want a shot at that stuff.