Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
@Chik, what are you trying to do with these, make some money or place them in a good home?

Because if it’s more the latter than the former, you could consider loaning or donating them to an auto design school. Like the Cleveland Institute of Art. I only know that one because my kid is a graduate (but in industrial design).
The Missus and I both have past US design school affiliations albeit not with ones that have a specific programme for automobile design (she is a Parsons alum, and I was an occasional student / voyeur at RISD whilst I was doing my degree next door) so we did have a passing thought about donating. As Doug pointed out, there's no tax advantage for us since we live across the pond although that's not driving our decision. We may still consider donating to a French museum with which we have a personal tie, provided they're interested. However, we would feel better about selling them even though it's not about the money -- this sounds odd, but it's a little difficult to explain without getting into some terribly boring personal stuff.