Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I am actually semi serious. Not 911 serious, but Cayman serious. I’ll have a look around at Porsche clubs locally. Having owned VWs previously I’m familiar with the overall brand and what’s going on with them. I’m aware that VW and Porsche aren’t the same, but they’re closer cousins than people know as well.

The Cayman fits me well. There’s another option on the table that’s about half price and then there’s the no-cost option of passing altogether. But I’m not unserious about this.
    Do Lotus and Alpine have a dealer network in the USA ?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is likely I could find support for Lotus in the Chicago area but the overall network of support for a German brand is vastly larger and deeper. Alpina would be through BMW. If you mean Alpine I am less familiar. It would be a tiny following.

While a semi-niche brand in the US, Porsche is represented well in most areas in the United States and finding parts and service in most places likely wouldn’t be too difficult. I’m pretty anal retentive about service and maintenance and doing this with a Porsche and keeping one for a long time wouldn’t be too problematic. I’m less optimistic about a brand like Lotus.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    It is likely I could find support for Lotus in the Chicago area but the overall network of support for a German brand is vastly larger and deeper. Alpina would be through BMW. If you mean Alpine I am less familiar. It would be a tiny following.

While a semi-niche brand in the US, Porsche is represented well in most areas in the United States and finding parts and service in most places likely wouldn’t be too difficult. I’m pretty anal retentive about service and maintenance and doing this with a Porsche and keeping one for a long time wouldn’t be too problematic. I’m less optimistic about a brand like Lotus.
    Yes I was thinking about Alpine, not alpina. Despite not having a manual gearbox the Alpine A110 is arguably one of the most driver's focused stock car right now.

I've checked and they have plans to enter the US market in 2026 only.
    --
    T h o m a s