Likes Likes:  0

Thread: iPhone 8 question

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default iPhone 8 question

I've never owned a mobile phone before - never needed to until my boss became sick of communicating via email and wanted calls / text / facetime

He donated me his old iPhone 8. I find it easy to navigate and the touchscreen /keypad is excellent compared to my Nikon Cameras etc.

I have a desktop PC. I need to upload photo files from my PC to iPhone8.

I've doing this via my iTunes account. I have the iCloud access switched off in the iPhone.

The images upload to the phone just fine. I then drop then into a new album I've just created. All good up to now..........

When I go to upload some more image files the previous image files are dumped from the album, the album left empty and the dumped image files do not appear in 'recently deleted' and to the best of my ability I do not think they are any longer on the phone.

The iTunes account says my iPhone has 58 GB of storage remaining - the iPhone also indicates this when I go into settings and look for the remaining storage cap.

Can anyone tell me why the phone is dumping the previous upload of image files please? What am I doing wrong here.........?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: iPhone 8 question

These are photos on your computer, not photos you’ve taken with the phone?

Is the folder for purposes of syncing those images with the phone through iTunes or for actually copying/importing them to the phone?

If you are syncing the images, then whatever you put into or remove from the folder will be added to or removed from the phone. So if you want a photo to remain on your phone, it has to remain in the folder set up for syncing.

If you are copying/importing the images to your phone, then they should stay on the phone once located there. But I don’t think iTunes works that way. I haven’t used iTunes in so long I can’t remember.

Not sure how a PC works any longer either. I use iCloud in my mini-Apple universe, so any time I take a photo with my phone or import an image from a camera into Photos on my MacBook, it shows up on my phone and my laptop. I don’t think a PC works with iCloud but I could be wrong.

Not very helpful...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how a PC works any longer either. I use iCloud in my mini-Apple universe, so any time I take a photo with my phone or import an image from a camera into Photos on my MacBook, it shows up on my phone and my laptop. I don’t think a PC works with iCloud but I could be wrong.

Not very helpful...

Yes, actually very helpful.

I knew the 'contract' would be dangerous when I took on an iPhone after never owning an Apple device before, however you tweeked my curiousity. iCloud for Windows does exist.

I switched my iCloud button on in my phone - downloaded iCloud for Windows to my PC, got the correct Firefox extension and hey presto, it's actually very simple. The images take a while to upload to my iPhone but that is fine as I now know this and can time this process to suit.

Four separate albums of images now uploaded - no dumping, no problems! Very happy it was sorted so quickly and simply.

Many thanks - question now answered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hey! Great!