Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
Yeah, chainsaw is inevitable even though right now I am actually enjoying my hand saws. The big Silky Katana is amazing. But while I am definitely getting in better shape, the time factor is not conducive to get other things done.

I still can't get over the size of that beech. And the incredible job felling it that Kyle did without crushing the house.
Yeah, at some point, time becomes a huge factor. With chainsaw 2 weeks ago, I felled, limbed, bucked and stacked 2 trees and had the rest of the day ahead of me and it wasn't even close to lunch time. There's specific tasks that makes sense for handwork, but over time, that repetitive motion/hand work can start getting to the shoulders, wrists, elbows and hands. Tennis elbow is real...

Kyle and his small crew made quick work of our Beech. Pretty world class. It was really interesting to watch them work as a team and see how they took the tree apart. Kyle is rigged up in the tree with climbing rope and harness, then used a series of ropes, zip lines, anchors, and winches with two other crew members on the ground to create controlled falls of the limbs he was parting off the main trunk. The way they felled the trunk was really interesting. It all had to be done really carefully too because that's our leach field down-slope to the left of center.