Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 61 of 150 FirstFirst ... 515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2994

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

In an unprecedented move, the likes of which has never been seen before, Trump will have his signature on the stimulus checks. But, oh no. It's not always about him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    In an unprecedented move, the likes of which has never been seen before, Trump will have his signature on the stimulus checks. But, oh no. It's not always about him.
    Don't forget, he can't play golf these days, so he has plenty of spare time on his hands.

He might as well make himself useful and sign them all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This...

Coronavirus distancing may need to continue until 222, say experts | World news | The Guardian

And this...

Trump’s council to reopen the US economy: What we know and don’t know - Vox

Great. No one with any medical expertise on this so-called council. And funding withdrawn from the WHO as they are not singing from the same hymn book as the "fried dick sandwich with a side of schlongs" (to quote the fake Tommy Lee).

What is it with the daughter and son-in-law? What expertise do they bring to the table? None that I can see. The US has the most cases and the most deaths and the FDSWASOS wants to open the country up in about two weeks and chucks in a dose of nepotism. Good luck with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    This...

Coronavirus distancing may need to continue until 222, say experts | World news | The Guardian

And this...

Trump’s council to reopen the US economy: What we know and don’t know - Vox

Great. No one with any medical expertise on this so-called council. And funding withdrawn from the WHO as they are not singing from the same hymn book as the "fried dick sandwich with a side of schlongs" (to quote the fake Tommy Lee).

What is it with the daughter and son-in-law? What expertise do they bring to the table? None that I can see. The US has the most cases and the most deaths and the FDSWASOS wants to open the country up in about two weeks and chucks in a dose of nepotism. Good luck with that.
    The ONLY thing that I can think of for the daughter and son in law is that he is just trying t get every label under his belt so that he can be the next "Trump" in the White House in 2024 or 2028. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are going to constantly keep trying to put Trump Jr or Kushner in the Oval Office for years to come unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, on the plus side, hurricane season is only 7 weeks away. I'm sure he's well prepared to respond to any state or territory needs. Maybe we could nuke the virus.

“Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he thinks that people, instead of cashing the checks, will frame them and stick them on the wall in his honour. This could save billions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVRTDESIGN View Post
    The ONLY thing that I can think of for the daughter and son in law is that he is just trying t get every label under his belt so that he can be the next "Trump" in the White House in 2024 or 2028. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are going to constantly keep trying to put Trump Jr or Kushner in the Oval Office for years to come unfortunately.
    Both Trump Jnr and Kushner seem particularly unsuited to such roles. The FDSWASSOS at least has rat cunning. Trump Jnr just seems a bit dim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In unprecedented move, Treasury orders Trump’s name printed on stimulus checks | Washington Post

"The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one."
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    In unprecedented move, Treasury orders Trump’s name printed on stimulus checks | Washington Post

"The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump’s name be printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, “President Donald J. Trump” will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president’s name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one."
    The important thing is that the delay of a few days is worth it to those desperately awaiting checks to pay past due bills or get much needed groceries because they really care that Trump's signature is on the check.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the headline that Trump freezes US funding to the WHO pending an investigation of their response to the Covid virus.

Can we freeze funding to the Trump family? Can we?
    Tom Ambros

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I can use 'un-fcuking-believeable' anymore because I've exceeded my quota...

Does anyone else think we should just get all Democrats to start singing the praises of trump, on the possibility that the turds on the right will then vote him out of office (once again) from the minority just to spite us? I mean, isn't that the only credible shred of truth left to their political calculus at this point? That anything that creates liberal outrage and pain is what they stand for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    The important thing is that the delay of a few days is worth it to those desperately awaiting checks to pay past due bills or get much needed groceries because they really care that Trump's signature is on the check.
    Pwning the libs is top priority.
    Walter

Calmer than you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Both Trump Jnr and Kushner seem particularly unsuited to such roles. The FDSWASSOS at least has rat cunning. Trump Jnr just seems a bit dim.
    So did, (and still does) with papa trump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    It's what they are able to do at any time. If you have a bank account that has been negative for at least a month or has been closed due to a negative balance, their debt recovery team can take whatever money in any of the accounts that you have with said bank, to cover the debt. Same with credit, debit, checking, saving, etc.

They do not need to let you know and they do not need to give you any of it back if requested. During these times, if it does happen to you, you can call and at least ask due to hardship.

It is ONLY if that stimulus check is going into an account that you bank with that you have the above with.

If you are getting an actual paper check, just don't deposit it into that bank. If it is direct deposit, most of my family just got theirs this morning in their accounts. Take it out immediately and place it into another bank account.

Or just pay your debt and get it over with. Obviously not you directly, just in general.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question; what part of a policy approved by the current US administration that appears to benefit the people but actually benefits the robber barons needs explanation?
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
    I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question; what part of a policy approved by the current US administration that appears to benefit the people but actually benefits the robber barons needs explanation?
    Yes, correct. The regulators had a choice to disallow it so it can be used for what normal people thought was the intended purpose. But they didn't. The mind boggles.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not from either The New Yorker or The Onion, I'm afraid: Trump Wanted a Radio Show, but He Didn’t Want to Compete With Limbaugh - The New York Times
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know of you can get the BBC in the US but if you can have a look at yesterday's UK briefing chaired by the Chancellor, a youngish man in control of his brief and who treated the journalists with respect and so got the same in return, and Mr T's which made me squirm. I think Dr Fauci is good though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the lovely Kellyanne, bless her heart:

"This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts, and figures, would be on top of that

She's an alternate virologist and thinks this is the 19th strain of this virus. For ever loving fucks sake!