First test of the snow tires this weekend. Drove from Woodstock back to Hillsdale in a heavy snowstorm with plenty of ice underneath. Did fine but filled the wheels and wheel wells with snow that froze and made driving the next day ridiculous. Needed a pressure wash with hot water, but they were closed "due to weather". Huh? Really?

Anyway, I had a feeling a couple times that I couldn't get the car to do what I wanted it to, especially when dealing with inclines. One incline was just too much for the car, and it actually started to go backwards, which was mysterious to me. This was a road up to our friends' house so not a major thoroughfare and steeper than most roads would ever be. I thought for sure the car would go up it, but it seemed to progressively lose momentum and then just stopped and slid back a bit.

Reading through the owner's manual (huh, who knew all these buttons and stuff weren't just decoration?) I think I should have turned off the traction control and that would have made the car better on the hill. Of course, then I would have needed to get back down later in the evening so probably better I didn't drive up. Our friend has a big 3/4 ton dually with a plow on it, so we parked at the bottom and he shuttled us up and back.

Survey says?