Since I was laid up, on my back, etc. during the time of this post, I didnt get a chance to respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kirk View Post
Something like this was being considered a few years back in association with NAHBS. The idea we were floating with DW was to have Friday during the day be a true industry day for press and the such and then Friday evening the show would be open as a black-tie event. Jazz quartet, Champagne, fine food on tooth picks...... the full schmere. It would be expensive to get in the door but those who chose to would get an uncrowded hall with lots of face time with the builders.

If you run the numbers it would be possible for DW to bring in more money with this scheme and the builders/customers would have more time to really talk. Seems like a win/win and DW was signed up for it two years ago but then changed his mind. I don't know why he changed but he did.

Anyway this seems like a way to get your idea done. I doubt most of us can take the time away from biz for two trips a year (NAHBS and Builder's Ball) so tying it in with NAHBS would make sense.

dave

Yes, I had talked about it several times with a few folks. The problem is/was that no one was interested in purchasing tickets for said event, so it went by the wayside.

It has to have support from all exhibitors and then it will grass roots outward...

Is it possible to do it? I would hope so, but who knows?

DW