Man, I like these. I couldn't find the original thread where these were first mentioned, but I just got the reminder that they had more in stock so I thought I would extend the recommendation. I've worn them in the winter and more recently in Puerto Rico, and somehow they manage to cover to the two extremes. I've worn them in a variety of places too, even bushwhacking around while looking at property. My only complaint there is the fabric tends to pick up burrs very easily, but it doesn't snag or pull when they get removed. Minor annoyance.

Their waist measurement is a bit strange. When I followed their directions, I ended up with a 31 that had about an extra 3/4" - too big. So now I get the 30" waist, and the fit is perfect. I'd say they are travel casual but could be pressed (hah!) into service for something more dressy. Mine are both black (NYC you know?) but I plan to replace a few pairs of light colored cotton twills that are worn with some of Outlier's other colors (desert tan, dust olive.) I also plan to go visit their shop at some point to try on their better lines, just to see if they are worth double the price of the Futureworks.