Hi all,
I decided to post my frame build in a seperate thread from my question thread (http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum...ame-40448.html).

I have come up with an autocad frame plan in hopes to build an aluminum bike as a warm up for a tandem bike build for my wife and I. The wife is getting on my case about getting the tandem done, so I anticipate this moving pretty quickly.

Basic design appearance:
frame3.jpg

Some design elements:
7005 alu TIG frame
steep front end- 73 degrees.
Discs
tapered steerer
Press fit bottom bracket
Laminated seat tube (35mm bottom with a 31.8 tube swaged to a light friction fit; inserted and welded/smoothed)
Oversized front triangle and chain stays with normal/smaller sized seat stays.
Clearance on the frame for a larger tire. tight 35c clearance should I change the fork out with a taller one and slacken the more agressive head tube angle.

I have all of the tubes in and some aluminum to build some tube blocks/frame jig bits with. I can post pictures of that, but its just a massive box of tubes.... enough for this bike and a tandem.

Use of the bike
As i would anticipate most people build their first frame- this should be a good all-rounder. It should be quick on asphalt with the proper tires, be able to handle some gravel if i decide i want to and "comfy" to be able to ride to work.... in jeans and a T.

Tube selection:

Nova tubes:
50.8 head tube for 44mm ZS/EC type headset.
35mm top tube. 1.3/0.8/1.3wall
42mm down tube 1.8/0.9/1.2wall
35mm seat tube: Part of this for the bottom bracket weld up to the 31.8 seat tube.

Fairing tubes:
31/19mm oval chain stays
31.8 single butted seat tube to use for insert into 35mm nova tube
12.7mm seat stays with 1.2mm wall

I will grab some pictures when I get some progress, but the thread can be posted since the design and tubes are locked and in stock.

Matt