Quote Originally Posted by KPearson View Post
I don't know Mr. Dinucci at all other than the stuff on the internet that shows he makes some pretty bikes people seem to like. I certainly wasn't calling him out on any numbers because there weren't any. Just implications that tubing and lug manufactures are no longer trying to develop anything better, they're just making substandard same old stuff. And of all the small handbuilders who work in steel very few of them are capable of "getting it". And only because of Specialized money can any advances be made in steel frame components. I have nothing against Specialized moving into the all of the bicycle niche markets ,and if they have some secrets they want to share lets see them, but save the marketing for somewhere else. But as I explained earlier this was my first post in these forums and maybe I'm off base but I found his wording to insulting.

ken
What some might find insulting is someone who hasn't established their credentials yet taking on one of the most experienced builders in the first post to this forum. We try to have thick skin here and also try to be able to buy each other a beer and enjoy out differing opinions. How one finds that balance, being able to discuss fine points of one's passion, is what I'm seeing here. I'm not as considerate as Bryant is in saying this in my way. But I'd still offer to buy Ken a beer and listen to his thoughts sometime.

BTW I never read into Mark's comments any slight towards other (small) builders or their efforts to make the best frames that they are capable of. I, however, did read some marketing hype about how much a jump in performance these new tubes and components will be. But that's what marketing does and I'm use to that. Andy.