Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
...So the line from the tank to the tip would be: a UK regulator, UK flashback arrestor, a 6mm UK hose with one end cut off and and replaced with a Western Enterprises barbed hose adaptor, TM Technologies 10’ ultra-light hose (it has A fittings but they include separate B adaptors that will join the A ends with the B size 40 and 41-B ends on the other hose), “A" size check valves, Victor J-28 or Victor clone (like the Uniweld 71) torch handle, Victor UN-J mixer/elbow and finally a TEN-3 tip (and a TEN-2 and TEN-4 available)...
Hi Doug,
This is the torch I use.
Typical UK lightweight blowpipe (this particular one is from Butbro, but they all are very similar).
It has 6mm hoses fitted with 1/4" BSP check valve at torch end, and 3/8" BSP and 3/8" BSP regulator connection at the other end.

I like the idea of TM Technologies ultra-light hose (although with practice I got better at managing the unwieldy hoses).
Your advice above is for fitting US torches to UK hose. What would be your suggestion for fitting of the ultra-light if I wanted to stay with my UK torch?

thanks,
Chris Kaminski