Hi Marco,
I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. I really appreciate the feedback. It's been a fun journey so far. My machine is pretty basic. I pretty much set it at about 80 amps and then use the pedal. I never go full pedal (even with the heat sinks), but I like the extra amps to get my tacks done quickly and to establish a puddle quickly when I start a bead. When I start a bead, I set my bead width in my mind's eye, get a puddle going, feed it until it gets to be the width that I want, then I start in a steady movement and dab. I'm always watching the toes of the puddle and paying attention to the width. I push the puddle and keep it satisfied with enough filler to a) keep my width consistent, and b) prevent any undercut. In my own welds, I do not like to see any waviness in the width caused by pausing, dabbing, moving. That's just me and how I was taught. The difficult part for me is in the acute angles, which requires pushing more wire faster to keep my width constant and paying close attention to the root of the joint. I don't want any cold lap or lack of fusion at the root. For me, I love welding the sides. It flows so nicely and I think a weldor can be very artistic on those runs.

I hope that all makes sense. If I can clarify anything, please let me know. Thanks again!
Mike