Hello!

I was hoping to get some thoughts on this mini milling/lathe machine.

As a rookie builder (7 frames...) hand filing has been fine but I am really interested in purchasing some machining tools.

Anyone use one of these mini machines for mitering tubes? Good-bad-ugly?

The lathe seems like it would be a nice size for small parts...which is what I would need.

It is posted on Ebay (currently around $600).

Thanks in advance!

Here is the description: (specs)

I have for auction this hardly used central machinery mini mill lathe . I purchased it from a recent estate auction. It is just as you see it. It is in great working order. The Main flaw is the Gear housing cover is cracked. (see pictures 3 & 4). When you tighten the housing nut to keep the gear housing cover closed you almost don't realize there is a crack . (see picture #4). Other than this, damage, there is nothing else damaged. The mill works and the lathe works fine both in forwards and reverse. . Switching from lathe to mill is very easy. (see picture s (9 & 10). the knurled ring on the main gear shaft is how this change from lathe to mill is achieved, and it is easy. By grabbing the knurled ring and pushing it towards the headstock and it locks into place. To change back is just as easy. Pull the ring back. The chuck in the mill and the chuck on the lathe, are in fine condition and show literally no evidence of wear. the tray , at the bottom is in fine used shape. and is clean. The lathe has the capacity to cut threads. The lathe/mill is 19 1/2'' tall. the lenght of the tray is 18 1/4'' long. The only wear issue is the belt from the motor to the lathe is in need of being replaced. .It has deteriorated before my eyes, I think the owner put oil on it. the other belt on the lathe is fine. and the belt on the mill drill is fine as well. Please see pictures for condition. ask questions I know there is something I may of forgotten to mention. Buyer pays shipping and insurance UPS. thanks for looking

Model # 39743

Motor 115 volts, 60 HZ single phase

3500RPM 2.5 Amp load

MT #1 spindle taper

spindle speed drill/mill 500 rpm to 2500 rpm

Lathe 560 rpm to 2500 rpm

Travis
mill2.jpg
mill.jpg