Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
Riccardo carissimo,
any technical question, or commercial reason, is only a matter of heart, I started building frames at level and I believe that my past has a value , my father-in-law taught me the basics of geometry and he made the frames in this way, at level. He fully deserves my respect and gratitude.
And even in this case my eyes reddens looking at slooping frames , I can't find a good reason why I should follow or clone a thing that doesn't belong to me, follow a thing born from a thought of others without a good reason, the day that somebody will demonstrate the superiority of a slooping frame compared to one at level ,may be that I'll think about it, but at this moment I don't know any literature that proves that superiority.
say a big thanks and an embrace to debra
d
^ this.

and ps i have a hard time looking at all of this (in the industry) and not recalling the mike burrows/giant bicycles seed that was planted. it was a three-sizes-fits-all mentality, and that mindset has permeated all that we see and do. with time, i have begun to accept a small amount of slant as a fashion (2-3 degrees at most atmo...) but the rest of it offends whatever sense of style and history i still cling to. at the core, it seems like framebuilders now have to consider making designs to fit the available component market and its whims rather than making what is correct and rational and then assembling it to make the best fitting bicycle. since the 90s, bicycles have gotten uglier and sexless atmo. a few weeks ago, i had a similar conversation with a journalist and, referring to the current state of things, he said (and i am paraphrasing...) most now look like birthday cakes with wheels.