My local shop is new. It just opened in November and is the first truly local shop since the 80's...despite a strong cycling population. I think the place is great, but of course I am biased. It's my Dad's shop and it's called Blue Moon Bicycles in Griffin, GA. It's not strictly a Pro Shop at all. He has everything from tricycles to race bikes in the shop and can get you whatever Cannondale, Orbea or Blue that you want. He also has GT's and Schwinns of all types. It turns out that BMX racing is actually quite popular, so he is trying to get the stuff that those guys want also. You might even happen upon a nice used bike occasionally. It's more of an old school family bike shop with no attitude and whatever you. And if for whatever reason he doesn't have it, he will order it for you and stock it, so it will be there waiting for you next time. My Dad opened this shop as sort of a dream come true "me and my wife are finally going to do what we want to do" sort of thing and it makes him happy to work on bikes. If you're ever in the area (middle of GA) stop by and hang out.