Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Now for some completely different advice. Wear an sports undershirt. Today Stage 9 TDF 36 min. into VS coverage you'll see a well placed rider take a tumble...jersey on backside is shredded and you can see a clean blood free undershirt poking thru. He prob. has a small amt of heat rash but not more. Wear a sports undershirt. That is all.
I can attest too that the overpriced-but-worth-it Rapha woolly base jersey saved me a ton of rash on a recent crash.

Here's a good story: when I got to the hospital they wanted to cut the Rapha jersey off me. There was no way I was going to do that unless it was going to do more damage. Doctor said no but it might hurt a lot more. What's 15 seconds of pain (saw stars, always fun) to keep a jersey that was only slightly torn?

I'm not much for the way plastic jerseys smell, not on me, not on anyone, and I don't care how much/well/whatever you wash them, they still stink. Oh yeah, wear an undershirt. I wear mine around the house when I'm trying to bring out my inner Tony Soprano.