Quote Originally Posted by Greg Costello View Post
Where's the pedestal? Folks talking about racing type bikes will talk about that type of bike and how to ride it. Where does the obligation to address the rest of the universe of riders arise from?

If folks wanna talk about other types of bikes and riding fine, start a post or add a comment that adds value or a point of view. That's good stuff.

But what's the point in anyone going beyond that or even without adding that value, attacking a poster or a post because it doesn't seem to discuss what you ride or want to ride? It's just the internet not an indictment of personal choices. Why do people take offense at these things? They're bikes not a reflection of ones self worth. Personal attacks on folks that are taking the time and putting themselves out there to help and share their years of wisdom and experience is chickensh*t.
Greg,

I think were not having the same conversation or at the very least, I'm missing something. I certainly didn't offer up any personal attacks. My conversation with Swoop was entirely done defending myself from what I considered, a personal attack.

If the gist of Dave's OP was about bike choice and not what there is to learn from the bike racers style of doing things, then I didn't get that either. I thought this was all about a purposeful fit? Nothing personal in that at all.