Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swoop,

You went straight for an ad hominem line with what I said and you used a questionably race-based example as well. Now you're talking worn shorts and ass cracks and you're wondering why I declared your post obtuse? It was pointless too!

I'm being silly? The OP was about how, if you know something others don't, do you go about offering it to educate. Your answer was a picture perfect example of how not to offer an opinion.

The physics of moving through space at speed do not change at all between any of the three examples I gave. The more complex systems react differently in some respects, but physical law is just that.

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    now you're being silly. i like folks to use the cranks they feel best using.. and that's the extent to which i notice or think about it (i don't notice or think about). i get ruffled over worn out shorts with cracks glistening through and guys on fast group rides with earphones in.

the question is why does it matter so much to you?

as for line with bicycle... i think that picking a line is only one metric. last i looked go carts don't behave like a bicycle... unless you shift your weight around in your cart.
    hey, on your moto, does the mass all go on your torso or is it down low where the engine is? seems a little different than a bicycle. hey, wow, another layer of wrong at ya... a vehicle with suspension is the same as a rigid one? those are cool physics you're sportin'.

if suggesting to people to go out with really skilled riders and watch them, or look at pros and where they put their bodies in crit turns seems obtuse to you... i think this isn't going to go well. frankly, you're being obtuse... your'e doing a good job of manifesting all the things you're trying to critique.

if writing, 'danny we're with (wif) you' somehow seems 'elitist'... all i can say is .. have at it.
    as for my tag line.... its self mockery.
    you should try it.
    Last edited by Gone 'n POP; 07-01-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Extra exclamation!