Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
Is that orange pretty accurate, as far as color is concerned? Love that.

Did you get any of the gel refills? I generally don't care for ballpoint, but wonder if the gel might help with that....
@dgaddis beat me to it sharing that the stock picture is true to life and the orange is really that bright (I am a Syracuse alum - Go Orange - as well as my wife, brother, and now nephew).

I do not like old "paste style" ink ballpoints (think cheap bic pens, cross pens, and even original Parker refills) but some of the new hybrid and gel inks that come in the Parker G2 style refills are really great. I stand by my recommendations from late last year...updated comments in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
I really like the Uni Jetstream SXR-600-7 in the Schon for EDC quick notes and the Schmidt 9000 EasyFlow in the Towbow is fantastic for longer writing periods. The Schneider Slider 755 in XB is another good option and writes very smoothly similar to the Schmidt EasyFlow. The Parker QuinkGel and Schneider Gelion are great too but I am still not yet sure I am sold on Gel ink in a Parker G2 style refill (becasue the Pilot G2 Gel refills are so good); it is very similar to rollerball ink so I might as well just use one of my many rollerball pens.
Most importantly, I am trying to minimize the amount/type of refills I keep which is why I have resisted getting pens that use Pilot G2 style refills*:
- Cross ballpoint (sort of the C1 standard but not really)
- Cross slim ballpoint/rollerball (interchangeable but still proprietary size)
- Lamy ballpoint
- Lamy rollerball
- Montblanc ballpoint
- Montblanc rollerball
- Montblanc LeGrand rollerball
- Parker G2 ballpoint (paste, hybrid, gel)
- Parker rollerball
- Retro 51 rollerball (European style)
- Waterman rollerball (not quite the same as the European size so they do not work)

*I have started gifting pens to others to help limit refills I keep "in-stock" at home.