My newly purchased Le Creuset has quickly proven to be our most used cooking vessel, and I have to say that braising for osso buco is a lot better in a Dutch Oven than it is in a baking pan covered with aluminum foil with perforations.

The two recipes I'm now trying to make are chicken cacciatore and pheasants. I think I have gotten most of the former down, but the sauce is just a tad too watery. Actually, this is my issue with any dish I chose to finish on the stove top (as opposed to baking inside the oven for the last 30 minutes). The amount of veggies included probably doesn't help (for ~5 lbs of chicken thighs, I had 6 bell peppers and 1 lb. of mushrooms), but I think even reducing both by half would still give me issues. Ideal situation would be have it thick enough for dipping, as opposed to having it be almost soup like. Suggestions on this?

The other request is for recipe on pheasants. It turned out horribly when I tried it in the baking pan (before the Dutch Oven purchase), and while I think proper cooking ware would help, it doesn't hurt to seek guidance. The recipe I tried to follow wanted me to use chestnuts, but I knew of no place that sells it. Alternatively, if someone knows of a good recipe for ducks, that would also be great. End goal is to have something presentable for Thanksgiving, but not a turkey.

Many thanks in advance