User Tag List

Thread: And now for something new...did the Pandemic change your political ideology?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: And now for something new...did the Pandemic change your political ideology?

Quote Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post

Finally, VS does not reflect diversity (not a bad thing) which is precisely the reason I started the thread here. But while VS skews one way, it also seems to be a place where opposing views are clearly articulated, ie, the occasional conservative post. In essence, I was wondering if the tiny shifts in alignment we would see from the Bloviated Former President Era Pandemic would be more impactful in conservatives v. democrats. For every 1000 conservatives maybe 2 shifted left, for every 1000 progressives 1 shifted right...that kind of thing.
    I agree that's an interesting question. My gut says this was Rorschach Test moment where everyone saw affirmation of their deeply held (but unspoken) suspicions about other people in the narrative of the last 4+ years. Thus my feeling that what was lost was patience. If that translates into further ideological entrenchment or increased/decreased numbers of swing voters available in future elections - that will be interesting.
    Last edited by j44ke; 05-26-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books