Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
I had three different houses within walking distance of the White Castle at Lake and 36th. When Surly first made the Pugsley (2007 or 2008?) I was helping a roommate put one together in the garage until late into the night, when suddenly we had the great idea for a White Castle run. We hadn't sorted the brakes on the Puglsey at that point, and I vaguely remember riding it up 36th brakeless and just hoping to hit the light at Lake to avoid getting smoked.

Sadly, that White Castle is no more. It was remodeled into a Tim Horton's, and now there's a For Lease sign out front.
white castle is an interesting fast food business. all the stores are company owned, the same family has been in charge from the beginning, and they aren't very willing to take on debt for the sake of expansion. they're also willing to cut bait on individual stores or even entire markets if they don't see profits in the near future. a little over 5 years ago they completely pulled out of NE Ohio after only being in the area for a decade.