Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Books and Shelving

I have a lot of books, many of them beautiful, old things, some from India and Tibet that involve my work. Like the bicycles, they all work though some get used less than others. Since I doubt I will ever be able to retire, that means that I'll two offices and room for piles. The shelves are officially full. I'm always looking for more books and since they are dying as fast as newsprint and card catalogues, it means I will likely leave my daughters one colossal clusterfk when I check out. They are prepared. I love too desks, shelving, stuff to keep stuff. The fine line between archiving and hoarding has always been my fine line. These folks have some good ideas.

Vintage Industrial Furniture

specifically, Vintage Industrial Locker | Vintage Industrial Furniture
    Qui plume a, guerre a. Ce monde est un vaste temple dédié ŕ la discorde.

Eastern Vermont, White River Junction-Hanover, NH area
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Books and Shelving

Some of those tables look massive. They must weigh a ton.

I still like Stickley for most applications (if I could afford it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing! We're looking for furniture and I see a bunch of items on that site that would be a great fit. While probably not as extensive as your collection, I have a large number of books as well. We moved last year and about 2/3s of my books have stayed in boxes until we figure out our furniture situation. I'm looking forward to getting them all back out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great looking stuff. Some time ago I bought pieces, shelving for a bike room with furniture/wood from India. it's copied quite a bit lately. it too has a bit of a commercial/industrial look with reclaimed wood much of it multi colored faded paint. Lot's of steel bits as well. i'll try and take a photo or find some on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I tried to wedge any of those things into my Victorian-era condo, they'd overwhelm the place.

But in the right home a couple of those would rock hard.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of even very expensive furniture available these days is poorly constructed. We decided to look into having someone build furniture for us, partly because the quality of construction is much higher and partly because our needs dovetailed nicely with a bit of a dry patch for one of my best friends from way back during the economic downturn. He hs since built my wife's office furniture for both her workplace and her home office, bureaus for our bedroom, and a dining room table for our house. He has a signature look to his pieces, but he can shift the style based on discussions with you. His work is handmade which means the furniture displays the same "fatti con le mani" or "imperfection is perfection" appearance that make hand built bicycles so attractive. Here is his website, but he also has a Facebook page (should be findable, I just don't do Facebook) that is more current with photos. chris chase studio | home
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books