User Tag List

Page 79 of 350 FirstFirst ... 697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Let's leave behind what seems to be divisive topic and get back to the fact that an aluminum v8 makes everything better. I just read in R&T that Bob Lutz is close to selling a Fisker with an LS9. This will be one great looking car which will dust the ladies of Greenwich in their Maserati's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz View Post
    I wish they didn't make it look like a S2000.
    Just admit you were drunk when you typed that.

I hope Lutz is good with interiors; the Naugahyde in the Karma I saw looked like Burt Reynolds' hairpiece.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Just admit you were drunk when you typed that.

I hope Lutz is good with interiors; the Naugahyde in the Karma I saw looked like Burt Reynolds' hairpiece.
    Gotta say I don't see the S2000 in this. Not that there would be anything wrong with that. The S2000 is a great looking car that just needs some low-end torque (like maybe from a V8). This looks like a slightly less girlie Z3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had a drink in 3 days. Maybe that's the problem.

I think the grill looks dumb, the headlights are too aggressive looking, the profiling on the hood and the way the body rises toward the rear are tacky. Those are four things off the top of my head that make it look like an S2000. Though that first still in the youtube gallery looks much less like an S2000 than the previous shots. No it doesn't need a V8. That's not what it is for.

edit: for ways that miatas are better than s2000's one needs only to consult google image search. Way more S2000 abominations out there than miata abominations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than have you list those 4 similarities or say no design language is original or one car is not better than another due to an image search (the car most people choose to run on the track is way more relevant and if you've ever tried to heel-toe the thing at 8k rpm let's just say I hope you're very, very smooth) let me just say I'm so very happy no one is putting a gun to your head to purchase this car.

Now drink up - here's to fast (ish) cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where would vsalon be if people were putting guns to our heads to buy stuff we complain about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely see where people see the S2000 in these proportions. But it also has some nice character of its own. I'd like to see some more pics of the interior but that looks OK too.

I'm definitely going to a dealership to look when these come out. Any initial word on pricing? I hope they keep it under $30K.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior minuses for me:

no glove box. What?! That's right.
    no door cup holder - the current one is perfect. The two on the ND would be tough to reach while doing the steering/shifting mambo.
    push to start - who cares
    stupid steering wheel bolsters

Pluses:

super clean looking
    no "radio" or obtrusive infotainment.
    sloping dash (see above minus)
    interior more spacious, perhaps more elbow room
    smaller steering wheel, made possible by going full electric
    there's a platform ahead of the shifter for sunglasses, phone
    presumed Android Auto interface
    seats are lower - much better visibility for me.

Unknown:

can I rest my elbow on the sill. Very important.
    visibility out
    blind spot detection

Still want turbo button. Drive around in normal mode nearly all the time, warp speed for merges. Perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

167hp is enough to go sideways - you just have to know what you're doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blasdef is to ______ as jitahs is to Miata.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference is that Fred's browbeating of people who are less informed than him is a lot funnier and a lot more interesting.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    The difference is that Fred's browbeating of people who are less informed than him is a lot funnier and a lot more interesting.
    Nice try at trolling. I don't think I'll respond to that. Oh hell why not...

So very sorry I'm not entertaining to you - as much as I would like to shift into blasdelf mode right now I think I'll continue right along boring you to death with, you know, civil conversation about a car I care about. Oops, did it again. Thanks for your personal, signed brow beating, added a lot.

Why don't you add something, like the state of your Volvo in crematorium, you not buying a B segment Mazda2, the exploding Stingray engine or...anything at all? Perhaps you don't have anything at all to add, boring or not. My bad.

Since I have to pulpit I have a test drive of the BMW i3 (a friend is threatening to buy one). I'll be sure to post it here, just for your entertainment. Bunch of guys thanked me for the Jeep vid, but alas, you were not amused. Perhaps the days of the ill-informed, smart ass, content-free vsalon comments are gone...but I doubt it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blasdef is to ______ as jitahs is to Miata.
    did you just try a weird version of the "my dad is cooler than your dad" insult?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

photo.JPG

For Jason Musgrave and others with an interest, this truck has been a huge project this year. I've owned it since new in 1989 but this year has brought a total overhaul: 5.3L Chevy Vortec engine and tranny conversion, 2" OME lift and suspension, fresh 1968 Toyota Fashion Green paint. Have some 33" BFGs on order. It's like a different truck, only. . . well, still my truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll just leave this here

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rmplum - I will hold you to Fred's standard, which has thus far not been exhibited by you (including a D+ effort bashing joostx's Accord) next time you do a car. "If I had to buy a Panamera" is the funniest car thing I've read in awhile. Thanks for that.

Now what do you think of Miatas on the track? <--this is your chance at a higher grade.

lukasz - we did that, me 'n' plum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinf View Post
    photo.JPG

For Jason Musgrave and others with an interest, this truck has been a huge project this year. I've owned it since new in 1989 but this year has brought a total overhaul: 5.3L Chevy Vortec engine and tranny conversion, 2" OME lift and suspension, fresh 1968 Toyota Fashion Green paint. Have some 33" BFGs on order. It's like a different truck, only. . . well, still my truck.
    How many times can I like this post?!?! That turned out fantastic, such a dope truck. I cannot wait to see it in person. What's it like to drive an old Land Cruiser with enough power to get up and go?! ;-)
    laughter has no foreign accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped by the local VW dealer in Riverhead NY, and one of the guys handed me a blurb about the 2015 Volkswagen Golf R. Fast all-wheel drive with a souped up GTI engine.

Seemed kinda nifty....
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(disclaimer: the following, nor any other post of mine, is not intended to be funny. Maybe drole, but that's not for me to say. Remember, kids - humor is generational.)

I drove a 2013 Golf R - much smoother at low speed than the 135i I drove, high speed straight line nearly identical in its ability to telescope space sanguinely.

Very heavy, understeering like a pig, supremely boring around town. Pretty boring going fast too. Just pretty boring, like this comment. The new one is supposed to take care of that. The steering. I mean.

(gee, I hope that was alright)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a 2015 Golf tsi in the se trim. I love it. image.jpg