Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Greene Cycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jonathan Greene Cycles

Kiwi's are just aussies that talk funny. Most of them live here anyway. Nice people, except when it comes to sport, then I hate Kiwi's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Kiwi, that the voice of my Kiwi mate who's done a good bit of the work.
    Bill Fernance
    Bicycle Shop Owner
    Part Time Framebuilder
    Bicycle Tragic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by progetto View Post
    Kiwi's are just aussies that talk funny. Most of them live here anyway. Nice people, except when it comes to sport, then I hate Kiwi's.
    No shit. It's always All Blacks this and All Blacks that. Do Kiwi's ever shut up about the All Blacks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This bike has made a mess of my shop. But it's almost done. Only cable guides to go and then off to powder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    No shit. It's always All Blacks this and All Blacks that. Do Kiwi's ever shut up about the All Blacks?
    If you put a jug of piss in their face!
    JK, I *loved* N-Zed, spent over 3 months bike touring through it, people were awesome.
    The PM while I was there was asked "What do you think of the recent trend on New Zealanders moving to Oz for work?"
    He replied: "It's a good thing, it raises the IQ of both countries"
    - Garro.
    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles.
    Frames & Bicycles built to measure and Custom wheels
    Hecho en Flagstaff, Arizona desde 2003
    www.coconinocycles.com
    www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve garro View Post
    If you put a jug of piss in their face!
    JK, I *loved* N-Zed, spent over 3 months bike touring through it, people were awesome.
    The PM while I was there was asked "What do you think of the recent trend on New Zealanders moving to Oz for work?"
    He replied: "It's a good thing, it raises the IQ of both countries"
    - Garro.
    My kiwi pal is a hoot. He's leading a group of locals on a bike tour from Welington to Auckland and has asked to drive the van, expenses paid. My health is so everywhere right now I cant commit but I'd love to see the country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My part of this is done. The main frame is complete and the cargo bed is off at powder. The owner is building a box that will have a top covered in solar panels that will flip over to expose the tools he uses in his knife and blade sharpening trade. It's been a pleasure making something that will have a revenue stream attached to its operation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one of my latest and the first with the new DT font. Ill get it up on FNL when all the parts land here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of big events this week. My latests blood tests came back confirming what we already knew. My immune system has partially shut down. I start treatments as soon as my insurance co gets it together. Doc says Ill be good to go by the 4th quarter of this year. Stay tuned for some fun things planned around my bike co but ill let slip its going to involve knobby tires, lightweight sleeping systems, and multiple days.

The second fun thing is I had the energy to take the cargo bike that I welded for Lance's Sharpening Service for a spin around the block. We made some neat features to this bike I'm proud of. I'm not sure how it compares but I used about 3 regular bikes worth of argon welding this thing. I'm so looking forward to the two mtb's I'll finish this weekend and the cross frame coming up and then four road frames after that. Slowly but surely things are moving forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the treatments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--- naaaw: prior to that knobby tire, zip-lock-bag, multiple over-night slumber party shit ---- jonathan and ronnie gona do some "ole time" brother ride'n, like days past..

bet-yo-sweet-ass, with a moon'em smile,

ronnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited about this. I've been working more towards a formal team rather than having a few guys race my bikes. This is the first Kit I've designed for JG Cycles. Our very own LivtoBike who is a Biemme rep helped me drive the process and for that I'm grateful. Ill have an ordering portal set up this week and a classified ad on vsalon instructing how to get ahold of me directly to order or if any answers are needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a pleasure assisting you with this project. Looking forward to slipping it on and racing in your colors.

Not sure how the main color (green) looks on y'all's screens but it is the green that is used on be Italian flag. Just wanted to throw that out there for reference.

Guy
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice lookin kit Jonathan. I finely got the green Green frame I got from the Salon going at my moms place in Montana. 'Nice bike eh?" is what my friends said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Nice lookin kit Jonathan. I finely got the green Green frame I got from the Salon going at my moms place in Montana. 'Nice bike eh?" is what my friends said.
    Thanks Moke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friends, one of the goals I've always had for Jonathan Greene Cycles is to have a small team of racers competing in Cyclocross and Mountain Bike events. Local pal, Biemme clothing rep and team member Guy Fazzio, has gotten the ball rolling on our first team kit and I'm really jazzed with how it turned out. Biemme is really pro quality clothing. I'd love to see the kits not just on race day but out on the roads as well and would appreciate your support. Check out the link below for instructions on how to order and sizing charts.

https://sng.logicasport.com/teamjona...Custom+Apparel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was diagnosed with an immunodeficiency I penciled the cross Florida individual Time Trial as an act of victory over disease. It's a 258 mile mountain bike race from the Atlantic to the Gulf of Mexico. The winner will do it a little over a day. My goal would have been about 3 days since I require a lot more rest than ever. I missed the start as a competitor but for the second year I'm proud to be a part of my bro's effort. My bike co really is a family business. Jason through his endurance racing has helped me improve the bikes and design in some features that make a difference to anyone who may curl up in a bivy trail side for a few hours of sleep. The TT started this morning at 5am with the obligatory tire dunk in the Atlantic. Good luck bro!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for the full re-cap! It's been fun following along on FB.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Can't wait for the full re-cap! It's been fun following along on FB.
    I'll get him to post here. We picked him at the gulf about 38 hours after he started. Parts of the course he flew through, parts he struggled. Jason just hobbled to his car for the drive to Columbia. It was fun for me too, being a part of his race. I'd like to tour the route this winter as 96 hours Sounds like more fun than 38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently finished this repaint of a 70's Benotto 3000. This is a cool old Italian Benotto that many folks remember as having been raced by Moser. I'm back to regular building and doing some repaints to keep the skills up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More catching up with what's going on. We rushed this paint job through a few months ago for a Venezualan track racer who needed it done before track season and the Venezualan National Championships. While I'm not likely to see one of my frames in the Olympics this repaint has a good shot at making it. 7 day turnaround with the creation of custom decals. This frame created a few challenges because none of the usual ways I'd hold a frame and fork while painting would work. I had to make dome quick fixtures. I was given some wide latitude in the decals and I spent some time getting aquatinted with the current political environment in Venezuala to make sure I didn't offend. I've never had those considerations in a job before. I still geek out on cool bikes and this was a cool one.