Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Motorcycles.

so this finally happened. credit for the execution goes to tyler and jamie.

and nope, the wheel doesn't come close to touching my back. and i figure i'll flip how the wheel is mounted so it leans back instead of forward..then i can wear a backpack too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanile View Post
    so this finally happened. credit for the execution goes to tyler and jamie.

and nope, the wheel doesn't come close to touching my back. and i figure i'll flip how the wheel is mounted so it leans back instead of forward..then i can wear a backpack too.
    Very cool.

Assuming you're riding to a destination to go cycling, something like a trail-head or a park, what do you do with your moto gear (helmet, jacket, pants, boots, etc) when you're off riding the bicycle and how do you keep it safe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Assuming you're riding to a destination to go cycling, something like a trail-head or a park, what do you do with your moto gear (helmet, jacket, pants, boots, etc) when you're off riding the bicycle and how do you keep it safe?
    Answering my own question, has anyone ever used one of these, and if so, how did it work out?

Destination Pack- Universal
    The Destination Pack™ is a 44 liter portable se

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very cool.

controversial response:
    most of the places i would haul the bike to would mean 15-30 miles away and taking roads with max speed limits of 45mph, single lanes. i'd likely only be wearing a helmet for gear (only own a helmet and jacket for gear anyway). i know it's controversial, but when i ride my pedal bike, on the many descents i ride, my fat ass hits 40+ on a bike with brakes that would do slim to nothing but skid, and im only protected by spandex...i guess i figure the moto hosts an equivalent risk of riding my bike if i don't get on the highway..and to a large extent i feel safer on the moto than on my pedal bike because i can keep pace with traffic and have much better brakes.
    but, to more directly answer your question: biking shorts, a jersey, and a helmet, so would only have to strap the helmet to the moto. if i travel further, i'll likely be meeting up with someone and would toss my riding gear in their vehicle. if it's to an event, i probably know someone with a tent i can leave my stuff at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Give up cycling, keep riding the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanile View Post
    controversial response:
    I'm still a newbie on the moto, so I figure if it's likely to help, I'll wear it. (tougher to do in 95* + humidity weather)

Thanks for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still a newbie on the moto, so I figure if it's likely to help, I'll wear it. (tougher to do in 95* + humidity weather)

Thanks for the reply.
    Yawta see what the off-roaders wear down here in Baja, even during our summers. They look like they're going into combat in Afghanistan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    Yawta see what the off-roaders wear down here in Baja, even during our summers. They look like they're going into combat in Afghanistan.
    Like these guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorta but with more elbow and knee pads and what looks like ballistic nylon pants. They'll go from one side of the Baja peninsula to the other and back, over 5,000~7,000 ft mountains, through some very rugged shit and tell you they had a great day.