User Tag List

Thread: Thanksgiving dinner 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanksgiving dinner 2020

Is anybody else playing in the kitchen today? Here are some pre-game shots...
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thanksgiving dinner 2020

Just the two of us so we kept it informal. But we switched roles, my SO cooked and I cleaned up afterwards.

You would think it was March 14. The first was a three tier butternut squash, leek and mushroom.

Finished with apple

Lots to be thankful for in this bittersweet season...
    Last edited by guido; 11-26-2020 at 10:55 PM.
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lookin’ good Guy!. Pretty traditional here, with 1/3 the crowd. 20# turkey, homemade stuffing, giblet gravy, corn pie, roasted carrots, roasted brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and bread of course. Found a new wine that was quite the hit...Les Darons Rouge 2017...mostly a Grenache...glad that I opted for the 1.5L option.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NICE RW & Guy!!

We had two Thanksgivings, one with my folks (I made some bread and we brought some stuff we picked up from a local restaurant) and one with my in-laws which we hosted and I smoked a pork rib roast. It was awesome. Low and slow on the smoker with apple wood chunks till it hit an internal temp of 140*F then directly over some HOT coals on the kettle just long enough to sear it. It was great. For leftovers I sliced it super thin and had a sandwich.

Before anyone asks, the lucky charms looking thing in the back left is a multi-colored marshmallow 'salad' my FIL brought, he figured our toddler would like it, and he was 100% right haha. The pink balls are raspberry coat cheese bites w/toasted pecans. SUPER GOOD. We didn't make those, got them from a local restaurant.
    Last edited by dgaddis; 12-02-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see you back posting, DG...missed the food, bread and baby pics, as you left Guy and myself to fend for ourselves with Mike.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nearly every time I try and stop by I get a server error and the page won't even pull up. Is that something on my end?

EDIT to add the baby ain't much of a baby any more. Growing like a weed! She really enjoyed Thanksgiving this year and Christmas is going to be super fun.

She doesn't always like taking photos. She knows how to shut it down pretty quick haha.

Last edited by dgaddis; 12-02-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the immediate family only Thanksgiving was a little messed up, as is on par for 2020. My wife got called into MD duty as they were short and COVID positivity is 30%+ around here, so the youngest son and his older sister and I were now in charge of Thanksgiving. Mom printed out all the recipes she wanted and off to the clinic she went hoping to return by 6-7 pm.

I didn't get photos of the entire spread, but our daughter did a wonderful job on the Bobby Flay Parker House yeast rolls while I manned the Webber Bullet smoker for the bird which had sat in a citrus and herb brine overnight. The wind made the smoker a bit more erratic than I wanted, but the Bird got done just fine. Our youngest nailed the mash potato recipe which admittedly is as much cream and butter as it is potatoes. I made up the stuffing recipe figuring how hard could it be? Pies were baked on Wednesday so we were at least ready on that.

Mom returned from her long day at the clinic and as was really happy to see us pull off the entire meal.... and only ended up making whipped cream for the pies!

Thanksgiving by shenoi, on Flickr

My real name is Hemanth and among other things, I like bikes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our bird ended up a little dry but everything else was top notch.
    My leftover skillet of turkey, mashed, sprouts, gravy, cranberry, and antipast thrown in for good measure was the highlight of the rest of my weekend.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DGad, you totally nailed that pork and bread. It makes my attempt at gourmet pale.

Wisco, you and the young ones pulled off a great looking meal. I’m sure it made mom warm and fuzzy. A big thank you to her for service above and beyond.

RW, I’ll try to take a pull on the front soon. Life here has not been the best, it has been a difficult year for the Noble clan but we will get through it.

Mike
    Mike Noble