User Tag List

Page 81 of 146 FirstFirst ... 717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2904

Thread: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What are you cooking for dinner this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing the limits of our new range....
    I spatcocked a checken, salt and evo, whole carrots, than direct into a 500f oven for one hr.
    Out comes a crisp, flat chicken.
    A little too good considering.
    BTW those carrots

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercook62 View Post
    Tell me what this. No fair making me guess. Great presentation BTW.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercook62 View Post
    Oh boy...what is going on there?
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guessing:

Broccoli microgreens, lotus root, avocado, whipped wasabi paste, ahi tuna (in a soyaki sauce?)? what did you use for the froth? champagne? looks pretty and tasty.
    Cottage cheese for dinner, Greek yogurt for dessert, eat that everyday an' it will make your butt hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty close.
    Wasabi foam, is the froth and the green paste is a thickened wasabi vinaigrette. the sprouts are daikon radish sprouts. Tuna is tossed with gluten free soy sauce (so celiac and gluten free diet people can eat it) shricica and balck/white sesame seeds. Seaweed salad and avacado.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wow Coopercook.

I'm soaking rice, split black lentils, fenugreek, Poha (flat rice) as we speak.

Getting my Dosa jag in gear.

The above will be ground than fermented overnight. Meantime, I'll prep. some fillings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good lord. I'd eat a dozen of those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody had a bad day.
    How about a metric ton of veggies for dinner?
    Cauliflower cooked thru in boiling water with black pepper corns, EVO, tumeric than into a 475F oven until brown served with a Parmesan sauce (feeling a goat cheese, creme cheese, evo sauce too)
    Carrots and bacon

Gone in 60 seconds

dinner1.jpg

dinner2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that looks real good that cauliflower is perfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks CC.
    Spent the entire day teaching myself to make a decent Dosa. Lessons learned include failing to grind the batter until it is creamy. Started with cuisinart and switched to VitaMix on high speed for 5 min. Fermenting is not to be discounted. Results after a proper grind and ferment were much better. The pan you think will work won't work at all. Ultimately, the best pan I used was my ancient stainless steel saute pan. This pan is pretty heavy and very smooth.

I'll cut/paste the instructions for batter below. My best and final results were using a medium hot flame, dab of butter and a few drops of corn oil. Pour the batter directly and roll it around the pan than be patient. Once the DOSA has begun to dry and edges are goldenyummy (actually cooking terminology) spatula the DOSA until sliding free. Now add veg. or whatever while it is on the heat, to one half and fold than plate. Next! * I do not flip and cook the other side.

I made a simple yukon gold garam masala with onion and garlic. Some of the DOSAs got a sliver of swiss cheese. FABULOUS but we shall see. I am waiting for a verdict from my Mumbay neighbors.

Prepare to spend some time learning your batter and pan for repeat-ability before you can riff. If I can learn how to make those huge crispy job I'll quit my day job ;)

To Prepare Dosa Batter

Soak the rice and dal separately for 3 hours
    Grind dal first into a smooth consistency adding enough water
    Grind rice into a smooth batter by adding just enough water to get it going
    Combine the two, add salt, and let it ferment in a large enough bowl lightly covered, for about 6-8 hours in a warm place
    * You can increase rice to four cups if using good quality urad dal but it takes experience and practice to tell if that's the case so go with these proportions as you start out

To prepare the dosas

Add enough water to the fermented batter until you have a smooth, pouring consistency. Make sure the batter is not too watery though, it should be thick-ish but fall off your spoon easily.
    Heat a tawa or iron griddle and grease with the oil lightly. Pour about ½ cup batter to the centre of the tawa.
    Using the back of your ladle, gently spread the batter with a circular motion from the centre towards the sides of the tawa.
    This requires some practice but is not hard at all. As you can see, I have made dosas enough times to actually do a decent job with my left hand while taking pictures with my right. Ok, I'll stop showing off now.
    Since we are not making very crispy dosas, don't spread it too thin. The dosa should be more or less evenly thick.
    Drizzle about 1 tsp of oil around the edges of the dosa and add a few sprinkles on the top as well.
    If your tawa is greased adequately and is not sticky, the edge of the dosa will start to come off the pan in about 1 minute or so. Use a spatula to gently lift the dosa
    and flip it over. Cook the other side for another 40 seconds or so and remove from pan.
    Serve with dosa podi, chutney, sambar, tiffin sambar, or anything that takes your fancy. I can eat dosa with pretty much anything!

dosa.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wild mushroom cottage pie with brown butter, parsnip, potato crust. Fried brussels sprouts, Meyer lemon, Parmesan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TT those dosas and that cauliflower look awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicken and rice. So I lived with my mom and cousin in college, and to feed us she grilled chicken and made her Turkish pilav with broken noodles and butter. I think we ate this almost every night one summer as it was cheap, but so tasty. She would marinade hers with olive oil, rosemary, paprika, cayenne, garlic and lemon. I did a Indian/middle-eastern fusion on mine. I mixed yogurt, lemon, oil, paprika hot paprika, Aleppo, coriander, garlic, cumin, salt pepper. It's different every time as I just wing it. Ginger would have been good ( more like tandoori). You can let it sit in this yogurt marinade for a few days, and it gets better. She would serve it with plain yogurt but I made bunch of tzatziki as I love that stuff. Simple salad with tomato, parsley, cucumber, lemon, olive oil salt, sumac.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huevos rotos. This is what I cook for my wife in our wedding anniversary. Tomorrow, dinner with some friends.

luis prado alonso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I'd post a report of tonight's dinner not because it turned out so picturesque, but because it was a test of a new pan that I mentioned in another thread.

Recently I picked up a Mauviel M'Cook 9.5" rounded and splayed sauté. Tonight I gave it a workout cooking seasoned black beans and veggies with a chunk of boneless ribeye. I figured that would really put the new pan through all the paces, and give me leftovers that would go with rice or barley, or in tacos.

I simmered some Rancho Gordo Vaquero beans and set them aside; sweated onions with garlic and bacon and set them aside; sautéed a bunch of peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes and put them on the side; then seared half a boneless ribeye. What I ended up with tasted good on its own, but it struck me that it would be a good burrito filling.

For its part, the pan did a good job. It seems that the cooking intelligentsia have come to a point of looking down on stainless, but this pan convinced me that all stainless is not created equal. The usual dig on stainless is that it's a bad conductor that results in slow and uneven heat, but this pan heats fast and evenly.

The surface is not nonstick or even as less-stick as bare iron, but with a little soap and some elbow grease it came clean after the mess I made of it.

The rounded shape was nice but, with a maximum outside diameter of 9.5", in practice it's more functional as a flat-ish pot than a deep-ish pan. There isn't enough bottom to really use it as a saute, and the moisture seems to take a long time to evaporate. This shape might be really great in a larger size - 11 or 12" - when it could be used like some sort of cross between a saute and a wok. It's very best use would probably be the traditional use of a Windsor pan, namely simmering and reducing sauces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't match Caleb's shot, but one of our kids is home from college for Spring Break, so naturally, his Mother has his favorite meals on the menu this week...imagine that. Grilled pork tenderloin, buttered noodles and grilled broccoli. The glaze on the tenderloin is a simple butter/honey mix. It helps to char the meat very nicely without drying it out. No leftovers either.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lemon pepper'd spatcock chicken cooked on the BGE with a single big hunk of cherry and a layer of apple wood chips. Awesome. Will do again. Also did some asparagus. Wife made some corn dip that was great too.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin, looks killer. Do you put the hunk of cherry and chips off to one side or use a diffuser? I've been scheming to collect local cherry to use for BGE cooking. We have about 6 blocks of houses all with cherry trees...lots of opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight I made an adapted version of Thanh Long garlic noodles (no crab, it's 'spensive and not that easy to get since our commercial season was sent to a farm upstate to run around with the other fishing seasons.) Not bad, though my wok stand-in is a 20 year old steel pan that only vaguely resembles one. Trying not to think about all the butter I just ate. Still worth it.

Garlic Butter Noodles | The Asian Grandmothers Cookbook
    steve cortez

FNG