User Tag List

Page 13 of 150 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    ...I'll admit to not believing in imaginary friends...
    Our country’s drought planning came down to asking an imaginary magic man to make it rain. For some reason, the large portion of the population that has no religion didn’t find that particularly reassuring.

What happened to separation of church and state? Isn’t freedom of religion a constitutional right? Yet US politicians are constantly assuming the public are all Christian...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Colinmclelland View Post
    What happened to separation of church and state? Isn’t freedom of religion a constitutional right? Yet US politicians are constantly assuming the public are all Christian...
    Some people don't realize that for atheists, freedom of religion means freedom from religion. But that's probably for another thread.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Speaker Pelosi and others can certainly commence new impeachment proceedings against President Trump.
    Give it a try. We will see how well that goes over with the American public during these pivotal times.

President Trump has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Rivaling what President Lincoln faced earlier.
    Americans wish him godspeed in aligning all the strengths and capabilities of this nation to defeat this virus.
    So do you think the WaPo is lying about the report that Trump and his administration had been warned how bad this would get and did nothing for weeks or do you just not care?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    "...his administration had been warned..."
    Democrats simply wish to dunk on President Trump using hindsight.
    Had he sought tighter controls, then "racism" would have been screeched.

"Gee, he was unable to predict that the Wuhan Virus was going to be a global pandemic in December 2019, what an idiot."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    So do you think the WaPo is lying about the report that Trump and his administration had been warned how bad this would get and did nothing for weeks or do you just not care?
    They told Richard Burr early on, too. Now, he did something about it. He certainly acted on the info.

Good thing those elected officials are looking out for us !
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Gee, he was unable to predict that the Wuhan Virus was going to be a global pandemic in December 2019, what an idiot."
    Well, I’m not a democrat so there’s that.

It sounds more like “Gee, he didn’t take it seriously when he was given a heads up. What an idiot”

And if he hadn’t labelled it the China virus, the racism screaching would have been more subdued. Perhaps if there weren’t good people on both sides...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't feed the troll.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Walberg View Post
    "...They told Richard Burr early on, too..."
    Most will agree that any Representatives or Senators that traded using information not available to the public should be prosecuted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't answer my question. A news agency reported that our president was given information weeks ago that could have helped us get a jump on this virus. He ignored it. That is criminal negligence. Had he sought tighter controls, lives would have been saved and the spread would have been slowed. I challenge your assertion that people would have screamed racism. But even if they did, who cares. If he's the great leader you claim he is, why would he care what people screech. Do you really think it's acceptable for him to trade lives for optics? I lead an organization at work and I'm a parent and if there's one thing I know for sure, it's that doing what is right trumps (see what I did there) being liked.

Either you think the WaPo is lying and Trump never had a warning. Or you think it's ok for him to sit on that information and do nothing because he's more concerned with his ratings and protecting his paper-thin skin. Or you really don't care because you're going to stump for Trump no matter what. So, which is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Re: Virus thread, the political one.

President Trump is not a dictator. Like any POTUS, he must work towards building consensus.
    He takes the boldest America First stance of any modern American leader.
    The exclamations of "He is Literally Hitler!" will only increase the more restrictions are applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most will agree that any Representatives or Senators that traded using information not available to the public should be prosecuted.
    Which is the worse offense?
    Making some money on stock based on inside info?
    Deluding the American public about a mortal danger by trying to keep them calm and not preparing us for disaster, as Trump and Barr both did?

I personally think the latter, although both are reprehensible.

You could make an argument about not saying anything early IF there was nothing we could do about it.

But guess what, there is a lot that we could have been doing about it, earlier than we are trying to do it now.

Read about the health care workers in Italy that have run out of gloves and other protective defenses.
    They are now dying of Covis-19 pneumonia. Dying.

Dying because they were not prepared.

Trump and others got the warning well before they acted to prepare us to take care of all the people who will become sick and will die from this.
    Sure, he eventually closed some borders. Only in the last couple days it he starting to address the problem here at home.

In the coming weeks and months, I will be there on the front lines in a hospital putting my life on the line. I am not happy about having to take this mortal risk now.
    I would have appreciated it if there had been more advanced preparation for protective supplies and ventilators etc instead of mass reassurance, and statements that the democrats are blowing this out of proportion just to make Trump look bad. That has NOTHING to do with it.
    Mark Walberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you. I shall continue to share my viewpoints, thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
    People here criticize my love for Campagnolo equipment, yet I continue to show my support, too!

President Lincoln had the remarkable stress of seeking to unite a young country where Americans were killing Americans.
    Now about 160 years later, President Trump is coordinating forces to fight an invisible deadly enemy measured in microns.

This is the biggest challenge our globe has faced in many years. Certainly in our lifetimes.
    The entire nation and the entire globe wishes godspeed to President Trump with this effort.
    Three months this fat dipshit sat on his ass and pretended this was going to go away until it showed up at his own resort and he was literally shaking hands with the plagued.

He can't even answer the question of what we say to scared Americans in this troubling time.

He's nothing like Lincoln. If he were in Lincoln's shoes Lee would be at Gettysburg and Trump would be telling everyone don't believe what you hear over the telegraph lines, the war is going splendidly! And then he'd tell Pennsylvania they're on their own, and they should figure it out.

This guy has always found a way to make a dime out of 15 cents, and this crisis is no different.

When does he convert his hotels to hospital wards? When does Mar a Lago become a patient care center?

Hes during critical daily public information briefings into yet another crazy pants campaign rally, and generally looks like a kid asked to present a book report on something he didn't read and doesn't care much about.

All due respect to the office, but fuck him. People are dying and this tub of shit can't help but continue to fuck it all up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President Trump is not a dictator. Like any POTUS, he must work towards building consensus.
    The exclamations of "He is Literally Hitler!" will only increase the more restrictions are applied.
    America First is literally the slogan Nazi sympathizers used in this country before WWII.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    America First is literally the slogan Nazi sympathizers used in this country before WWII.
    I'm with Seuss.

Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At a White House briefing Friday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said officials had been alerted to the initial reports of the virus by discussions that the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had with Chinese colleagues on Jan. 3.

The warnings from U.S. intelligence agencies increased in volume toward the end of January and into early February, said officials familiar with the reports. By then, a majority of the intelligence reporting included in daily briefing papers and digests from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA was about covid-19, said officials who have read the reports.

The surge in warnings coincided with a move by Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) to sell dozens of stocks worth between $628,033 and $1.72 million. As chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Burr was privy to virtually all of the highly classified reporting on the coronavirus.

First week of JANUARY. It is now LATE MARCH.
    TO suggest that Trump is "bearing the weight of the world", "like Lincoln" is absurd.
    Take the blinders off.

Mr. Trump, Mr. Burr, I'd like to introduce you to Mr. Guillotine.
    (By the way, this is a nonpartisan opinion.)
    Mark Walberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Re: Virus thread, the political one.

In heartening good news, VP Mike Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence have tested negative for COVID-19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Walberg View Post
    In the coming weeks and months, I will be there on the front lines in a hospital putting my life on the line.
    Thank you

Thank you very much.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In heartening good news, VP Mike Pence and Second Lady Karen Pence have tested negative for COVID-19.
    Great. Would hate to have Mike's on-going fuck up of a second public health crisis he's managing to somehow be interrupted.

I wouldn't trust that guy to run the ring toss game at the county fair at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Lincoln eseque! Lincoln constantly contradicted shit he said not ten weeks prior. Who can forget his total repudiation of the Gettysburg Address?

Trump on China: "I wish they'd told us earlier" about coronavirus - CNNPolitics