User Tag List

Page 257 of 362 FirstFirst ... 247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 7223

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Who has a bike they can lend to Jonathan? There has to be a spare bike that will fit him somewhere among us. Looks like a 50-52cm? I'll kick in on shipping if someone has a bike.
    I've got one.

971822_10201245182916967_652106179_n.jpg
    2013-02-03 10.49.13.jpg
    My Kirk 14.jpg

But I generally keep it ready for his use when he visits.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you'd like to send it and he'd like to borrow it, I'll help with the shipping cost. Just let me know.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you guys are this best. I appreciate the offers and I've had a few from fellow framebuilders too and the generosity is unreal. I think I'm covered, I've got frames going out the door and I'll work on my own soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Well, if you'd like to send it and he'd like to borrow it, I'll help with the shipping cost. Just let me know.
    I have a corporate UPS account and usually get a decent discount. Willing to offer that up here if it helps.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bout of senior citizen tech support is reaching critical levels of insanity. Spent 4 days ridding a laptop of viruses and all that ailed it. Cocksure family member showed me how much my time was worth by reducing it back to that former level in less than three hours. Tells me next time he'll take it back to "his computer guy" that charges him out the wazoo. Too nice to put a tack on his favorite chair and tell him to get his chair expert over for a consultation on that pain in his ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Had a brick mason look at my chimney this afternoon. First my roof leaked around the flashing so that was fixed, next came leakage through the bricks when we get a north wind/rain combo. It's $1275 to replace the crumbled bricks and it's only that cheap because I have a pallet of bricks in my garage. It's necessary, but I really hope it's not just the beginning of stuff like this on a 25 year old home. They are going to put Thompson Water Seal on the chimney bricks and recommend that I put it on the exterior brick around the house. $375 of the cost is the rental of a lift because my chimney sticks up 8' above the roof.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Childcare with two working parents is crazy.

Found a new nanny to take our three kids, and she started a few days before my wife went back to work, to get acclimated. All going well. But she's dragging her feet on giving the OK for the online background check to run. Finally tell her she needs to get it done asap. She sends a screenshot of a partial background check with no identifying information and a different zip code to anything she's provided to us. I start to get suspicious and do some deeper web searches and what turns up but at least two separate arrests for larceny within the past 5 years.

Back to the drawing board, and scrambling until we find someone new.

Ugh.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Had a brick mason look at my chimney this afternoon. First my roof leaked around the flashing so that was fixed, next came leakage through the bricks when we get a north wind/rain combo. It's $1275 to replace the crumbled bricks and it's only that cheap because I have a pallet of bricks in my garage. It's necessary, but I really hope it's not just the beginning of stuff like this on a 25 year old home. They are going to put Thompson Water Seal on the chimney bricks and recommend that I put it on the exterior brick around the house. $375 of the cost is the rental of a lift because my chimney sticks up 8' above the roof.
    Wait, a house in Paris TX has a chimney? Are you sure that isn't a drain vent? There isnt a fire place at the other end is there?
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm late, been on the road. The brown dog named Blue tweaked one of her front legs, a little limp. I want to train, she wants to play, but we need to let it heal. Dammit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kanye West did not help Taylor Swift's career in any measurable way. What a misogynistic piece of work that guy is

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're taking my morning ride light away again this Sunday morning at 2am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The offer we made on a house was turned down because the house has had a good amount of viewings, only because our offer was conditional on the sale of our house.

I don't think we are interested in listing our house in hopes of getting the house since we weren't fully committed to the idea anyways.
    Matt Moore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People, supposedly professionals, that email like they're texting, ie: purposely shortened/misspelled words, zero punctuation, text acronyms - ex: IDK, for I don't know, and worst of all: grown men that use lol. It's insane. Technology has done nothing to further the English language, nothing. It's exhausting. While I'm at it: I dated a girl this Summer that used the word exquisite far too often. Given how she looked in a bikini, I was able to let it slide. That said: she used it too much so one day I said: a word used too much, loses it's meaning, if you know what I mean? She said something to the effect of: well, I like nice things. I let it go. However, it speaks to a larger problem, namely the Internet. Everything is !!!!!! Powerful, jaw-dropping, sobering, breathtaking, amazing, etc...it's like the entire Internet has become click-bait. Yes I know there are civilized corners, VS for example!, but the masses are being fed and fed and fed, until nothing means anything, let alone the meaning of common words. And it's not just fodder-slinging click-mongers, it's everyday folks exclaiming on FaceBook about the amazing burger they had in the quaintest eatery, w/requisite photo. All is superlative, all. Yes, I know: it's Facebook, and that is where the masses mass, if you will, myself included. (FB is an Ocean, filled w/every type of fish, and I, I am a Fisherman.! ahhhha, don't get me started.) My point is: Our language is being diluted by technology and access, and sometimes it just plain irksome, though for many I feel it's downright harmful.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Mike, that's a profoundly amazing post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike - to this day I have never typed those three letters in abbreviated sequence, and I have instructed my children to never do so or else they lose a day of electronics if caught.

similarly:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    Given how she looked in a bikini, I was able to let it slide.
    would you say...exquisite?
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    People, supposedly professionals, that email like they're texting, ie: purposely shortened/misspelled words, zero punctuation, text acronyms - ex: IDK, for I don't know, and worst of all: grown men that use lol. It's insane. Technology has done nothing to further the English language, nothing. It's exhausting. While I'm at it: I dated a girl this Summer that used the word exquisite far too often. Given how she looked in a bikini, I was able to let it slide. That said: she used it too much so one day I said: a word used too much, loses it's meaning, if you know what I mean? She said something to the effect of: well, I like nice things. I let it go. However, it speaks to a larger problem, namely the Internet. Everything is !!!!!! Powerful, jaw-dropping, sobering, breathtaking, amazing, etc...it's like the entire Internet has become click-bait. Yes I know there are civilized corners, VS for example!, but the masses are being fed and fed and fed, until nothing means anything, let alone the meaning of common words. And it's not just fodder-slinging click-mongers, it's everyday folks exclaiming on FaceBook about the amazing burger they had in the quaintest eatery, w/requisite photo. All is superlative, all. Yes, I know: it's Facebook, and that is where the masses mass, if you will, myself included. (FB is an Ocean, filled w/every type of fish, and I, I am a Fisherman.! ahhhha, don't get me started.) My point is: Our language is being diluted by technology and access, and sometimes it just plain irksome, though for many I feel it's downright harmful.
    This is the most epic rant I've ever, ever read.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Father in law is coming to visit this weekend.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nierman View Post
    Mike - to this day I have never typed those three letters in abbreviated sequence, and I have instructed my children to never do so or else they lose a day of electronics if caught.

similarly:
    I didn't think I could like Morgan Freeman any more than I already did, but now I do. "Grown ass men" and "f#&!ing stick" made me LOL, sorry Mike, but it did.

Grumpy ass back still hurts from last Sundays yard work at Mom's house. Tried a little workout last night, made it 20 min before I realized it was not working out. Almost killed me on the ride to work today, hurt with every breath. Getting old is not for sissies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if the sky fell for Mike's dad too when shorthand got popular among secretaries in the 60's.

It's annoying no doubt. What are you going to do when companies hand out cell phones effectively keeping employees always on the clock ready to work? The best revenge is making them use a dictionary to grasp the intent of a reply you are suddenly unavailable to decipher.

Functional illiteracy out of laziness is usually a sign they are letting other things slip that are going to catch up to them. I try not to let it bother me.